You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: LA Times links to GNR Evolution

Olorin wrote:

I think its about liars and haters basically.

Axl never denied it was about the fans either, just not all fans. He used that buzz word in quotation marks "the fans", like Jarmo and co do - *cough "the fans" this, and the "so called" "fans" that blah blah.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Yeah, *you* can't make it specific. *Some people*, *some fans*. That's what he did.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:
DCK wrote:

Yeah, *you* can't make it specific. *Some people*, *some fans*. That's what he did.

I agree. When I listen to this song my mind tends to wander...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

When I listen to the song, I think about the assholes in my family, that have stirred bullshit in my life for years.

That was my first reaction to hearing the completed version on the album in a car stereo.

GNRBABY

GNRBABY wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

When I listen to the song, I think about the assholes in my family, that have stirred bullshit in my life for years.

That was my first reaction to hearing the completed version on the album in a car stereo.

Me too! That was my 1st impression and I still tend to think in that direction.

DCK

DCK wrote:

Song writers do it like that. They want the listener to connect to the song on their level, connect it to their life, their stories. It's what seperates a good song writer from a bad one. If you connect it, he got it right. If you don't and you just hear some shallow words spoken, something that doesn't mean shit to you or just blabbers along about the writers own world, they have, IMO, failed.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Good point DCK. I totally agree. The mark of good music, is you have to 'feel' it. It has to make you relate with some emotion.

CD hits that chord, and thus the reason I think it's such a strong album.

Not every song sticks with me on a particular situation. Shackler's is just pure energy to me. It makes me want to break stuff, like Jungle. TWAT is just insane to kind of an overview to life. Sorry identifies with me with family. Madagascar really sticks the most with me, as just a message that hits a chord with me against the world. This I Love can relate to me as an unrequited love song, which sadly - I wish I didn't relate to, but I do.

Music like that is priceless imo.

GNRBABY

GNRBABY wrote:
DCK wrote:

Song writers do it like that. They want the listener to connect to the song on their level, connect it to their life, their stories. It's what seperates a good song writer from a bad one.

Bob Dylan is a master at doing this.

DCK

DCK wrote:

Bob Dylan is amazing at it. So is Axl 95% at the time. Tony Harnell also comes to mind. Nikki Sixx for instance could only do it to me like 15% of the time. Madagascar is a prime example, so is Sorry. Rhiad not so much. Some of the CD songs are a bit too deep for it. But some of them are also amazing from this perspective.

Board footer