You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: Whats the opinion people in your life have on CD?

2 friends loved it, most others are pretty indifferent to it. Haven't heard anyone say they hate it, but very few gave it a chance at all.

most people I know think the album sucks,atleast they're honest about their opinion.

MrWonderful
 Rep: 2 

MrWonderful wrote:

My wife thinks listening to Axl is like nails on a chalkboard....I couldn't even get her to listen to half a song.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

General consensus from my people...

Most people hate Axl, and say he's an asshole, and a dick, and should reunite the old band. Which is sad, the media got them brainwashed to a point, they've already tried and executed the man.

CD is okay, but could've better with Slash.

Songs:

CD - cool song, not great
Shackler's - cool song, very interesting, not very-GN'R
Better - great song, probably the most widely-popular song on the album
Street - sucks, Axl's voice is horrible
If The World - very different, seems a bit dated, Axl's voice is grading
TWAT - under Better, best song on the album. Everyone loves this track, and seem to say it's the most classic-GN'R
Catcher - sucks, Axl's voice is horrible
Scraped - sucks
Riad - sucks
Sorry - great song
IRS - sucks
Madagascar - interesting and cool, but comes across like a filler
This I Love - not bad, but a shocker under the GN'R name. Seems like a Meat Loaf song
Prostitute - cool song, not great

This album is great, but it ain't no lie - alot of the positivity & love is coming from the diehards.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

it's amazing how easily people will echo what they've heard from others and adopt it as their own way of thinking (i.e. axl is an asshole, axl broke up the band, etc.)like mindless sheep. maybe he is an asshole but most don't have a clue one way or the other and shouldn't have an opinion, to be honest.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I don't think people really care WHO broke up the band, when every original member leaves though............... U can call Slash a liar all u want, but EVERY single member?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

It's very true...minds were made up before the album came out...

It's too bad...my friend says the album sucks but hasn't listened to one second of any songs on the CD...

I'd be willing to bed that most people who think it sucks really haven't listend to it.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I might get it on vinyl tomorrow, seen it in HMV for £15, not too shabby for a new album double vinyl.

Its strange to me because there are people I used to talk GNR to all the time and we were excited about the new album for years, but now its only me who is still interested in Chinese Democracy. Its quite sad, even I was underwhelmed initially, I enjoy it more now though. Of the ones I disliked, I still cant grasp the popularity of Sorry, but Scraped and TIL have grown on me a lot, I actually like them now. Stil not digging the new Catcher, but dont hate it as much as before.

But its still a decent album overall, looking forward to trying it out on vinyl.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I dropped a guy off after work today.  I had CD playing(for the first time in like ... forever it seems) I was skipping through the album. Better, If the World, Prostitute, Shackler's and then This I Love. Finally he asks "is thsi Guns N' Roses" I sheepishly said yes and his god's honest reaction was "It sounds like shit compared to their old stuff" He's 36 FYI.  Anyways thats' the reaction I'm seeing.  I never evenb asked him to comment on it. he felt compeled to do so on his own and that's what he said. Nobody I know likes the album at all. Some songs may get a few nods of approval but as a whole the album sucks in most peope's opinion that I've come across.

AC/DC is the #4 selling album in Canada. Gn'R is who knows where on the charts. Nowhere to be seen. We all talk about promo but let's be real. I've not seen any promo from AC/DC.  People aren't buying CD cause they aren't interested in a  Slashless Gn'R or they simply don't like what they're hearing. believe me I'm not seeing an AC/DC video tear up MTV or Much Music and most people who buy albums aren't doing so because of an interview in Rolling Stone  so....

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I'd be willing to bed that most people who think it sucks really haven't listend to it.

I'd be willing to bet that most people on these forums who love the album will simply go by this theory till the end of time because how could anyone possibly dislike it if they heard it right? C'mon. It's not hard to see that this album would not  be appealing to the masses.  When will people start to admit that singles are what sells albums. Not videos, not interviews, SINGLES. Singles on radio.  It's obvious the singles have been less than impressesive as far as the average joe is concerend. That's the problem in a nutshell and if they aren't excited for the singles chances are most will not like the album one bit.  I'll say it again; at some point people are gonna have to admit the music did the talking.  If the fans love it that's great but the excuses are so old now.  Maybe I'm wrong but I honestly think there's a lot more to support my theory that the album is not as appealing as some claim than the theory that people just didn't hear it or give it a fair chance.  You don't have to be a rocket scientist to recognize what the mainstreme public will like. Shit I listen to so many bands that I think are amazing and I think the public is stupid for ignoring but I'm not naive enough to think those bands would ever be appealing to the public.

Board footer