You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Fortus: GNR tour should begin in late March '09

Sky Dog wrote:

Axl definitely said they were thinking about touring but nothing was set....a theatre tour in the US would be just fine with me.

axlcrazy
 Rep: 4 

axlcrazy wrote:
madagas wrote:

Axl definitely said they were thinking about touring but nothing was set....a theatre tour in the US would be just fine with me.

4 nites at Hammerstein!:mosh:

nugdafied wrote:

There's no reason fakeGNR couldn't do a well planned out tour in the USA to capitalize on all the wannabe GNR fans. You know, the kids that think CD sounds like a realGNR album.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
nugdafied wrote:

There's no reason fakeGNR couldn't do a well planned out tour in the USA to capitalize on all the wannabe GNR fans. You know, the kids that think CD sounds like a realGNR album.

There aren't many "wannabe" GNR fans. The album sales prove that. The next tour is going to be just like the prior CD tours. However, they can make it more successful simply by someone using their brain. Instead of trying to overdose the CA central valley with shows in Sac, Fresno, and Bakersfield no one cares about, simply schedule one show in Sac and it will probably sell out or come close to selling out. Use this strategy across the country and they will have some success.

They should also stop living in the past and include more CD songs and it could potentially boost album sales. Also wouldn't hurt for Axl to mention the album or mention various CD related stories between songs like he used to on the UYI tour.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

GNR fans. The album sales prove that. The next tour is going to be just like the prior CD tours. However, they can make it more successful simply by someone using their brain. Instead of trying to overdose the CA central valley with shows in Sac, Fresno, and Bakersfield no one cares about, simply schedule one show in Sac and it will probably sell out or come close to selling out. Use this strategy across the country and they will have some success.

They should also stop living in the past and include more CD songs and it could potentially boost album sales. Also wouldn't hurt for Axl to mention the album or mention various CD related stories between songs like he used to on the UYI tour.

It's too logical and obvious, so they won't do it. wink Logic would also suggest that they should start in South America and do the US last.

On the other hand I still don't understand the '2 years of touring' plans. That's too long for the size of this GN'R, not to mention they toured the world 2 times already under the Chinese Democracy flag. It's just the 'Better video in a week or so' type of daydreaming.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Even if they were to do a 20-song set, they're not going to do more than 8 songs off of CD imo.

The biggest issue, is they need to scale back on the Appetite stuff, and turn it up on the Illusion stuff. Drop the covers & the AFD B-sides, and you could compile a great setlist.

*not in any order
Jungle
Easy
Nightrain
Mr. B
City
SCOM
Patience
Don't Cry
November Rain
Civil War
Estranged
You Could Be Mine
CD
Better
If The World
TWAT
Catcher
Sorry
This I Love
Prostitute

I think where it becomes tricky, because of CD's material, is you don't want to become too ballad-heavy in a show. To have a show with SCOM, Patience, Don't Cry, November Rain, Estranged, If The World, TWAT, Catcher, This I Love & Prostitute... might be an OD on ballads.

As for the U.S., doing major city shows is all I expect from them. Maybe do LA, Miami, Chicago, & NYC... and that's it.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

8/20 would be fine by me.

axlcrazy
 Rep: 4 

axlcrazy wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Even if they were to do a 20-song set, they're not going to do more than 8 songs off of CD imo.

The biggest issue, is they need to scale back on the Appetite stuff, and turn it up on the Illusion stuff. Drop the covers & the AFD B-sides, and you could compile a great setlist.

*not in any order
Jungle
Easy
Nightrain
Mr. B
City
SCOM
Patience
Don't Cry
November Rain
Civil War
Estranged
You Could Be Mine
CD
Better
If The World
TWAT
Catcher
Sorry
This I Love
Prostitute

I think where it becomes tricky, because of CD's material, is you don't want to become too ballad-heavy in a show. To have a show with SCOM, Patience, Don't Cry, November Rain, Estranged, If The World, TWAT, Catcher, This I Love & Prostitute... might be an OD on ballads.

As for the U.S., doing major city shows is all I expect from them. Maybe do LA, Miami, Chicago, & NYC... and that's it.

Sweet setlist!:mosh:

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Anybody noticed GNR were planning to return to China this year?

GN'R promoters in China dropped plans for two shows this year, says Ms. Lebeis. - Wall Street Journal

Sky Dog wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

GNR fans. The album sales prove that. The next tour is going to be just like the prior CD tours. However, they can make it more successful simply by someone using their brain. Instead of trying to overdose the CA central valley with shows in Sac, Fresno, and Bakersfield no one cares about, simply schedule one show in Sac and it will probably sell out or come close to selling out. Use this strategy across the country and they will have some success.

It's too logical and obvious, so they won't do it. wink Logic would also suggest that they should start in South America and do the US last.

On the other hand I still don't understand the '2 years of touring' plans. That's too long for the size of this GN'R, not to mention they toured the world 2 times already under the Chinese Democracy flag. It's just the 'Better video in a week or so' type of daydreaming.

Mikka, if they release another cd in the fall of 2009, again-like Axl alluded to, then two years of touring off and on is not a lot. I don't think they plan to literally go on the road for two years.

Board footer