You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Axl = Rock God #11

Neemo wrote:

According to Skiddle, late QUEEN singer Freddie Mercury, who sold 300 million records before he died in November 1991 of bronchopneumonia induced by HIV, has been voted the ultimate "rock god."

Ozzy Osbourne came sixth in the survey of 4,000 rock fans by Internet market research web site OnePoll.

A spokesman for OnePoll said: "Everybody loved Freddie Mercury. His theatrical performances onstage were incredible and set him apart from other rock stars. He combined his ear for music with an ability to deliver to stadium audiences across the world, and as such millions of fans were devastated when HIV finally killed him in 1991.

"The list of top 20 'rock gods' is a diverse mix of front men, guitarists and performers. There are some legendary acts in the list, but it's also good to see that modern day artists such as Dave Grohl earn respect from rock fans."

Top 20 "Rock Gods", according to OnePoll:

01. Freddie Mercury (QUEEN)
02. Elvis Presley
03. Jon Bon Jovi (BON JOVI)
04. David Bowie
05. Jimi Hendrix (THE JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE)
06. Ozzy Osbourne (BLACK SABBATH)
07. Kurt Cobain (NIRVANA)
08. Slash (GUNS N' ROSES)
09. Bono (U2)
10. Mick Jagger (THE ROLLING STONES)
11. Axl Rose (GUNS N' ROSES)
12. Dave Grohl (FOO FIGHTERS)
13. Jim Morrison (THE DOORS)
14. Paul McCartney (THE BEATLES)
15. Steven Tyler (AEROSMITH)
16. Robert Plant (LED ZEPPelin)
17. Brian May (QUEEN)
18. James Hetfield (METALLICA)
19. Jimmy Page (LED ZEPPELIN)
20. Bruce Dickinson (IRON MAIDEN)

www.blabbermouth.net

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

I wont mention that Slash is #8 16

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Forget that he is above Axl, but Kurt Cobain ahead of Mick Jagger, Robert Plant, Steven Tyler, Paul McCartney?! Who the hell votes in these things??!!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

FUCK YES

It's about time someone put Freddie at the top of one of these lists. When I think rock god, the FIRST person I think of is Elvis, and then Freddie.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I wont mention that Slash is #8 16

Me neither.

Saudade
 Rep: 0 

Saudade wrote:

Jon Bon Jovi is #3?! hmm

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Saudade wrote:

Jon Bon Jovi is #3?! hmm

Bon Jovi is huge, and has been huge since 1986. One of the few 80's bands(Jovi, U2, Aerosmith, Metallica) to make it through the grunge era with ease.

Love him or hate him, he deserves to be on that list.

I'll never understand the media's fascination with Cobain.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Seems like a pretty good list, just way out of order. It's liked they got the Top 20, but then pulled them out of a hat. I love Cobain, but as NYG said above Jagger & Plant??  I'd prbably put Bono ahead of him to, among others.

Bon Jovi belongs on there, I don't think 3 though. Top 10. (I won't comment on my opinion of Freddie Axl08, he's on my top 20, just further down)

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

well i think nowadays Cobain is basically like morrison or hendrix to the younger crowd...or Axl is like Jagger or Plant...just cuz they are before their time...they dont know any better...70's, 80's who cares they're still old

know what i mean? hmm

like AFD is classic rock now....you know how old that makes me feel? 4

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Saudade wrote:

Jon Bon Jovi is #3?! hmm

Bon Jovi is huge, and has been huge since 1986. One of the few 80's bands(Jovi, U2, Aerosmith, Metallica) to make it through the grunge era with ease.

Love him or hate him, he deserves to be on that list.

I'll never understand the media's fascination with Cobain.

It's cause he blew his brains out.

Board footer