You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Interesting Post-MyGnr 6/20/2008-Future albums Speculation

James wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:

^ yeah Women love best buy - keep telling yourself that buddy... Go put on "I only want to be with you" by Hootie on too for the 32,000,000th time, because that song makes money and people accept it, which of course judging by the way you measure music makes it an excellent song! When your done with that watch some re-runs of American Idol, because that show is really hip and cool and best of all MAKES MONEY. Then, go have dinner at Applebee's, and don't forget to swing by Wall-Mart and get a copy of the new AC/DC, because it has sold well, so the record must be AMAZING!

The way you keep talking down to people by making broad(and wrong) generalizations is getting old quick.

I think its strange how you bend over backwards to try and come up with a trillion excuses for the low record sales of this album. Women don't shop at Best Buy? You don't get out much if you believe that.

What are you trying to excuse anyway? So what if everyone doesn't think its the greatest record ever made. Because people don't agree with your assessment you think they're kids who listen to Taylor Swift? Please. The age of a listener and other music they like is irrelevant to whether or not they love this album or not. It just didn't 'connect' with the general public. Big deal.  Just enjoy what you like and live with how it turned out.

I think most agree that its a solid album. Nothing more, nothing less. Most will admit this Best Buy thing and how it was handled wasn't the greatest idea in the world. Not sure why you get so bent out of shape over people who don't consider this the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I don't shop at Wal Mart, haven't bought the AC/DC album yet, haven't ate at Applebee's in a few months, still haven't watched one single episode of American Idol(or any talent/reality shows) and never heard Taylor Swift although I think Santogold's record shits all over Chinese Democracy.

Can you please throw me into one of your false, delusional, yet mildly humorous demographics?

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:

I have spoken to several women, who proclaim that they would have purchased multiple copies of CD this past holiday had they seen it in a store.

14  O.k. so this would suggest the women you've spoken to really want this album either for themself or as a gift if they're about to purchase multiple copies of it. So if someone, anyone really wanted it they'd find a fucking Best Buy and buy the album regardless of whether or not Best buy is a "guy's store" Can you blame me GNRBABY if I call total bullshit when you say you've spoken to several women who claim they would've bought multiple copies?  BULLSHIT!  Women don't shop at Best Buy? Gimme a break. If it's a guy's store than it shoud've been packed with women over the holidays buying gifts for their men. Oh yeah that's right. Massive flaw in your arguement.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I think most agree that its a solid album. Nothing more, nothing less. Most will admit this Best Buy thing and how it was handled wasn't the greatest idea in the world. Not sure why you get so bent out of shape over people who don't consider this the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I agree with this 100% I'm not saying CD is the "the best thing since sliced bread". There where albums released last year that are better, I've never argued that CD is more than a solid album. What I'm saying is I'm sick of people on this board calling it a failure, I think all their reasoning is silly and delusional. We knew almost 95% of this going in - the missing pieces - Axl's personality, etc, etc. Guns N Roses has never had a reputation for being conventional and cordial. What does everyone expect? That Axl is going to parade around and suddenly start behaving like Bon Jovi? (no offense to BJ, just an example)  You expect a reality show or something? Rubbing elbows with Carson Daily? What is it? I'm just throwing out ideas here...

AC/DC sold more records because they are still the original band. (minus bon scott tongue) Their fanbase spans more generations of fans than GNR does. Their exclusive was at a store that more people shop at for many different reasons.  They play the living shit out of them on the radio and in public. They play the crap out of GNR too, I'm not saying they don't, but AC/DC has been at it longer.

Axl is not a young act. He doesn't have Slash or any of the originals. This works against him, no matter how big AFD has become. I simply want members of this board to have some PERSPECTIVE on this matter. Look at the big picture. We knew the state of this band WELL in advance to this record coming out. Get real. Chinese Democracy is right where it should be. Taylor Swift SHOULD be selling more records right now. That doesn't make her music great, nor does it insure she will have a long career. I feel the Best Buy deal hurt them. I honestly do, but that isn't the only reason, and it didn't hurt them too much. Maybe best case they would have gone gold sooner. That is neither here nor their at this point, it is what it is.

I'm sorry if I upset you James, but I wasn't talking to you when I went on the Applebees rant. That was directed at Axlin08. I wasn't attacking the entire board. Axlin08 isn't a bad guy, he frustrated me though. Lots of the comment on this board frustrate me 14

ps Robin Finck shall return.

GNRBABY

GNRBABY wrote:

Also, I was really razzed when I saw the post "BETTER GAINING MASSIVE STEAM" and how many people jumped all over the guy to tell him how he was wrong, and laughed in his face. Are you kidding me? Someone posts something positive about the band and you all can't WAIT to jump in and say " No! CD is a failure and so are all the singles, they don't sell like U2 & Kanye West! We just can't have any good things said about CD, because it's such a monumental failure! I had the demos for 3 fuckin' years and loved them, but this album is terrible - not what I was expecting, blah,blah,blah"

Do me a favor ----->>>>>>>>>>>  SHIP IT>>>

Sky Dog wrote:

this thread was about possible future releases..........of course, I should have known not to start a speculation thread.:D

GNRBABY

GNRBABY wrote:
madagas wrote:

this thread was about possible future releases..........of course, I should have known not to start a speculation thread.:D

Should have known better with this crowd. If you had posted a thread on how there will never be a new album, it would have been a huge success! Though, I would have bitched.:P

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

GNRBABY

GNRBABY wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I was also excited to see that thread about Better gaining massive steam. That is ofcourse until I saw that moving up 2 spots and still not even being in the top ten was considered "major steam".

Yeah, maybe, but do we really need to kick sand in the guys face? There was some truth to it... It not just this, it's lots of things. Bottom line is people are overly negative 90% of the time

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer