You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Interesting Post-MyGnr 6/20/2008-Future albums Speculation

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't even think bonus tracks will get double-dips. Most will just DL.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:
russtcb wrote:

So you're saying that the song moving up 2 spots is "MASSIVE"?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:

When I said song for a movie, I meant a new/unreleased song that is not on the album. But, it could happen with a song already on the album. CITR if used in the right scene could spark IMO. Who knows....

Well, if a re-release is truly in the planning stages, there's zero point in doing it unless it has at least one bonus track. They're gonna need the hardcores to buy it again to help prop it up on the charts and that's not gonna happen with the same album with an updated booklet.

Its bonus tracks or bust at this point....

Aw man they should re-release Chinese Democracy with a bunch of demos.  Oh wait...

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Rex I actually don't think that is such a bad idea.  If they are cleaning out the closet for some $$'s - there is a tonne of different mixes or demos that they could release for each song.  I recall reading an article from someone who worked during the CD sessions and they said there was a stack as tall as them of CD's of various demos and mixes - and that was just of the one song!!!  Multiply that by every song on the album - that's a heap of material.

I mean why not release a Chi Dem CD that consists purely of a 2001/02 lineup playing on it.  Sure one or two songs that were written more recently couldn't be on it, but then he could throw one or two others from those sessions onto it. 

There is a heap of different ideas they could use including DVD as we talked about in another thread if they just wanna make some $$'s out of this.  Whilst some people may dismiss the idea of them wanting to make $$'s - the BB deal showed $$'s are a definite factor in their calculations.

If they want to get some commercial success out of this, well that's a whole other ballgame.  But I do know that doing nothing isn't achieving this so they might as well have a crack at something.

Board footer