You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: GNR DVD Pre-Orders [Live In Lisboa 2006]

Will wrote:

Axl and crew recorded live in Lisboa , Portugal 2006 at the Rock in Rio Festival. The show featured the new Guns N' Roses song "I.R.S" and classic tracks such as: Welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City, November Rain and more ! Rockin' performance prior to the Chinese Democracy album release.

8782873x.jpg

The disc features Guns' entire performance from Rock in Rio V [May 27, 2006].

The tracklist:

1. Welcome To The Jungle
2. It's So Easy/ Mr. Brownstone
3. IRS
4. Guitar Solo
5. Sweet Child O' Mine
6. Kockin' On Heavens Door
7. Live And Let Die/ Piano Solo
8. Rocket Queen
9. Guitar Duet
10. Out Ta Get Me
11. November Rain
12. Drum Solo
13. You Could Be Mine
14. Patience
15. Guitar Solo
16. Nightrain
17. Paradise City

Live in Lisboa is due for release on February 16, 2009.

Thanks to Play.com

Are we calling bootleg status on this one, or could it be official? GNR's failure to officially update us on this means fuck all really 16

Will

Will wrote:

Play also have this cool poster for £4.95 delivered, expected 12th February 09. Havent seen it offered anywhere else, though Im not in the habit of looking for GNR Merch:

8771043x.jpg

Poster URL

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:

The cover art is suspect... I say it's a bootleg. I hope this isn't the show GNR has chosen to release, as there are not many songs from CD.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

There were two version of this co9ncert available on DVD.  You will notice that The Blues and Better are missing off the tracklist for that one you posted Downliner.  I would assume it's just a boot if you are gonna offically release something you would at least leave the Chi Dem songs on there so I call Boot!

The show was broadcast on TV, radio and webcast, but only the webcast included the "new" songs.

Here is a complete tracklist for that show which includes those two songs:
1. Welcome To The Jungle
2. It's So Easy
3. Mr. Brownstone
4. I.R.S.
5. Guitar Solo [Robin]
6. Sweet Child O' Mine
7. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
8. Piano Solo [Dizzy],
9. Live And Let Die
10. The Blues
11. Rocket Queen
12. Beautiful [Richard & Robin guitar duet]
13. Out Ta Get Me,
14. November Rain
15. Bumblefoot Solo
16. Better
17. Drum Solo
18. You Could Be Mine
19. Patience
20. Nightrain

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

I just edited my post above with this:

The show was broadcast on TV, radio and webcast, but only the webcast included the "new" songs.

I have both DVD's.  The webcast is lower quality and even has different camera angles at times.

Will

Will wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I would assume it's just a boot if you are gonna offically release something you would at least leave the Chi Dem songs on there so I call Boot!

But a setlist of Chinese Democracy songs wouldn't shift half as many units as a DVD filled with the classics tongue

I'll agree and say it's a boot though only for the lack of an official GNR logo, but again that could be down to the new logo putting people off a purchase 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If its not official, it should be. They could get some decent sales from a live DVD. GNR never fully capitalized on that market.

Not a big fan of the 06-07 lineup, but I'd definitely buy a DVD if it was an official release.

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

I've never understood why they have totally ignored the DVD market.  They have soooo much footage - there is a heap of $$'s just sitting there plus a heap of material that fans genuienly want to see.

I understand that Axl probably doesn't want to release any footage of old Guns (like all those UYI concerts that were filmed) but all the NuGNR stuff has been filmed so why not put out some concerts?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer