You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Blender Article on Axl and Chinese

PaSnow wrote:

I thought it was a good article. A bit anti-climatic at the end, but not bad.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Strange essay. I kinda liked the message he was trying to convey but the language was a bit meandering. I'm glad to see Breakdown getting a special homage paid to it, although I had to google Nietzschean. My interpretation of that song is nuthing like that guy.

I googled Sisyphean as well, I'm suprised this word hasnt been used before over the years describing CD.

How dare he diss Nessie! 4 She's got minty fresh breath like all true Scots, well apart from Celtic supporters anyway.

Sky Dog wrote:

"When you come face to face with the Loch Ness Monster, you do not complain about its breath. " 16

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

^^ that was good, as was the props for Breakdown (hard to believe it's their 76th!!! most dl'd iTunes song. I'd have guessed top 20.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Breakdown is one of their most underrated tracks. It's definitely a Top-5 on UYI2.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

breakdown is in my top 5 as well

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm shocked it took Blender this long to write an article about it. They should have been one of the first, but instead wait until very few will bother reading it. One thing I find strange now is all the "most anticipated of all time", blah blah blah crap just sounds so hollow. Its nothing more than a forced tag line.

This article does a great job at placing this album in a nutshell. The writer says "It’s almost disappointing that there are so many good songs on Chinese Democracy", then proceeds to discuss the weaknesses of the album. This same line of thinking plagues all who listen to it or listened to it once out of curiosity.

It's a good album, but.......

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Oh come on man, let's just say it.

We all know the second part of that sentence.

It's a good album, but it's NOT REALLY Guns N' Roses.

Bam, I said it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Oh come on man, let's just say it.

We all know the second part of that sentence.

It's a good album, but it's NOT REALLY Guns N' Roses.

Bam, I said it.

A million different things could have finished that sentence. That was the point I was trying to make. One could say its not GNR, one could say it has nothing to grab you by the balls, one could say the production is shit,etc. People may not agree on all those things and some may strongly disagree, but anyone can find at least one major fault of the record.

All the but......'s will prevent this record from ever making a real dent in the music world. People(hardcores and people who don't care) are more inclined to mention the various issues than discuss the music itself.

Board footer