You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Re: Axl Rose Speaks to Billboard

Von wrote:

I won't comment except to say I find the whole thing incredibly disheartening. Draw your own conclusions.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Von wrote:

I won't comment except to say I find the whole thing incredibly disheartening. Draw your own conclusions.

Yeah, I've just finished reading the article. I'm not disappointed that a reunion won't happen, but the whole interview is... disheartening, yes. I think Axl should really quit the whole business and leave it all, go to Tibet to find some peace, as now he doesn't have any, obviously.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If he's referring to us, he's delusional. While he knows of this site's existence(he signed up but didn't post), I doubt he would 'call out' specific sites or even huge chunks of his fan base.

Just because people don't lick his ass or proclaim CD the greatest album doesn't make them a detractor. He is probably referring to actual trolls who instigate arguments intentionally by going on a Slash crusade and defaming his character.

I'm not the type that likes to shit on other forums, but those comments are probably aimed at a huge portion of mygnr. While I do like mygnr and consider it the best of the 'Big 3' forums, it has reached the point where it's almost not worth reading simply because every single thread turns into a Slash love fest and people actually insulting Axl. You have a few people on both sides debating with ten tons of trash mingled in between.

Anyone with the nerve to complain about the perceived 'negativity' here needs to check that site out.

That was definitely interesting.

I hope that everything works out just fine and that a tour is up ahead.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Its hardly suprising the record company dont put much effort in, they must be as dissillusioned and skeptical as the fans have become. GN'R must have used up all their chances yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaars ago.

I dont know what to make of that, more finger pointing and bitterness. I thought Andy Gould was going to go the way of Merck, Zutaut, Goldstein etc. but it looks like Interscope is the next to be in the firing line.

So now its 3 videos? And they still havnt "finalized" the Better video. How many bloody years did it take to finalize the album, the song and dance goes on and on.

Theres no plans yet for a tour either so I guess that rules out summer, but there could still be something this year which would be sweet.

He attacks Slash for being bitter whilst doing the exact same thing about a number of subjects, including Slash. Pot meets kettle?

gunnermatt2004
 Rep: 1 

once again he has to say a magazine is pro slash and stick the knives in again fuck me dead build a bridge and get over it bill , over all these long silent years i have read every book every old magazine with interviews and i have formed my own opinion on the collapse of gnr gathered mountains of information .
in doing so i have come up with one conclusion it was ur dictatorship and ego that destroyed this band.
as for those people that said slash was a drunk and a drugfucked loony yes maybe they were right but how many people diss slash in this industry i have heard only two and we all know who they are.;)

:headbang:matt

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

cool stuff....i wish we;d get more thing like this

anyway to recap

no tour plans
better video still isnt ready
no reunion ever
no plans on followup for CD yet

its gonna be an exciting year 16

gunnermatt2004
 Rep: 1 

sorry to be negative but this is my first public comment on this whole debacle all the years i have been on this forum and that axl interview made me sick

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I for one was not suprised by any of this (save maybe the Duff comment).  Axl has made it clear for the past 10 years that he has no interest in getting back with Slash.   Yet, the same people echo continually that they have some insight into the mind of Axl Rose and it will happen.  The same people are going to continue saying that regardless of what is said.  How many people here were convinced CD was being released so some kind of reunion bullshit would start?

I like Slash musically and as an artist, but after reading his biography and the agreed history of the band, to me it's obvious Slash is a piece of shit.  I don't know what he did to set Axl off, nor will I speculate.  But Slash's entire life has been one joy ride taking and doing whatever he wants and from whomever he wants.  Slash in my opinion is just a more successful version of Adler.  Out of all the members of GN'R, Slash had to make the least amount of sacrifices.  But enough about Slash.

I'm glad Axl was honest with us and explained that it's not al rosey and add to the idea that there is some immaculate plan to take the world over.  The record company wanted to get rid of CD and based on what he said, it confirms all of that. 

It's going to be a while before we get new music from Axl and I for one am grateful that I finally got CD.  Some people you can never please though.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Axl has made it clear for the past 10 years that he has no interest in getting back with Slash.

Actually, this is the first time he has ever ruled it out. Too risky to do so in previous years. Now that the myth balloon has been deflated, he's able to be more open.

I don't think we're getting new music soon either. Each time the possibility is brought up, he reverts back to that same sentence of 'concentrating on Chinese'.

New music or not, I just hope he becomes active. He's too talented to just sit on the sidelines year after year while the music world passes him by.

Board footer