You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: GUNS N' ROSES To Play Italy In May Or June?

bigbri wrote:

No one's gonna be able to fucking afford it anyhow. Unless they keep tickets less than $50, the tour will go nowhere. Maybe the diehards here will go, but the average concertgoer isn't gonna pay to see a band that just flopped on the charts, produced no hit singles and has no identifiable members left from even the last time they toured.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
bigbri wrote:

No one's gonna be able to fucking afford it anyhow. Unless they keep tickets less than $50, the tour will go nowhere. Maybe the diehards here will go, but the average concertgoer isn't gonna pay to see a band that just flopped on the charts, produced no hit singles and has no identifiable members left from even the last time they toured.

They did pretty well overseas last time around didn't they?  They seem to still have a strong following over there.  So if they start out across the pond they could possibly build up some hype for a return to North America, where sales were sort of lacking in the lesser markets.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Bri makes a good point. No catchy single on the charts does this band no favors, and the economy is just too fucked for people to go to tons of shows.

My interest in a CD tour hinges on Brain and Bucket. No Brain and Bucket, no money out of my wallet. I'll be seeing Santogold next month and like most M.I.A. fans, I'm anticipating a possible summer/fall club tour. Take into account that the U2 SF/Oakland show in the fall will be my 'big' concert expenditure this year, GNR(or other bands) don't fit into my equation unless they meet my own personal litmus test.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Maybe, faldor, but I'm looking at economics first. It's not a good time to tour. Unless you're huge like U2 and can justify it or small like Bucket and sell tickets for $20, it's gonna be hard. Bands like GNR wanting $75 for a ticket are gonna be laughed off.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I dont buy into the economy argument. People suffered hard times in the 80's and early 90's and music events where hugly popular in many genres, some music scenes are born, develop and grow through hard times.

The kids wanna party, nothings gonna stop them. Embrace the opportunity if you really fear it, drop prices, play smaller gigs and more often. Make yourself available to people and make them talk about you and rave about you. I would rather GN'R came back as a band for the people, than a out of your range expensive rock extravaganza.

There was nothing too expensive or extravagant about the show I seen in the UK anyway, reasonably priced and good value. The price of a concert ticket is only the same price as a night on the town with your mates getting drunk.

Bands like U2 and the Stones however, I wouldnt pay their prices even if I was flush.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The only way GN'R tour, is with an altered lineup imo. Guys like Axl, Ron, Dizzy, Frank & Chris you can pencil in. Tommy's on board, but to go ahead and start planning now, i'd think two different guitar players would have to be in the works.

I'm not saying it's happening, because Axl said there are no plans, but there are offers.

Just for all of those that think this is already set in stone, and definitely gonna happen... the only way it does is sans Robin & Richard.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Bri makes a good point. No catchy single on the charts does this band no favors, and the economy is just too fucked for people to go to tons of shows.

My interest in a CD tour hinges on Brain and Bucket. No Brain and Bucket, no money out of my wallet. I'll be seeing Santogold next month and like most M.I.A. fans, I'm anticipating a possible summer/fall club tour. Take into account that the U2 SF/Oakland show in the fall will be my 'big' concert expenditure this year, GNR(or other bands) don't fit into my equation unless they meet my own personal litmus test.

http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/forum/g … 337.0.html

no bucket

Sky Dog wrote:

that really sucks if Bucket and Robin are gone....definitely wouldn't travel more than two hours to see any other lineup.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

well, if he two most prevelant guitarists on cd are not there to play the music live i don't know what to think.

maybe it would back axl up against the wall and the reunion would finally take place. Too bad that seems almost impossible now.

axl is such an amazing performer - i'd probably still go just to see him
and every tour could be his last.

If they'll tour, I'll be there.

No matter what.

Board footer