You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: GUNS N' ROSES To Play Italy In May Or June?

BLS-Pride wrote:

GUNS N' ROSES To Play Italy In May Or June? - Feb. 12, 2009
Andrea Pieroni, head honcho at the Italian concert-promotion agency Live In Italy, has told The Rock Blog that there are plans to bring GUNS N' ROSES to Milan, Italy in May or June this year. "We are in the process of working out the exact date and location for the concert," he is quoted as saying. "If DatchForum in Assago (Milan) is available, it will be held there. Otherwise, we will have it at the Idroscalo [in Milan, where GN'R played in 2006 as the headliner of the Gods of Metal festival, which was organized by Live in Italy]. We cannot provide further details as things are constantly changing and developing."

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl did say they were mulling offers.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

If they are going to be heading on tour this summer, this is roughly when rumoured dates will start appearing. This could be the first of a few updates like this.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

how has this thread received no attention in 16 hours!?!?!

the gnr community has truly changed...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Because there's nothing that points to this being a reality. Until Rihanna got the shit knocked out of her earlier this week, Fortus was busy for another leg of that tour(and possibly longer). Tommy is touring with Soul Asylum. Brain will probably be touring with Bucket in some capacity. NIN may tour until 2010 or longer now that there are NIN/Jane's Addiction summer/fall tour rumors.

How do those things fit in with a GNR tour? They don't, unless Axl has a brand new cast of unknowns.

When Axl said(twice) there are no plans for a tour, I believe him.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Nobody believes anymore. Any tour that does get booked I would still believe in a 50% chance of the plug being pulled early.

Who's gonna be available to play in May, are half the band not on tour elsewhere?

Sky Dog wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Because there's nothing that points to this being a reality. Until Rihanna got the shit knocked out of her earlier this week, Fortus was busy for another leg of that tour(and possibly longer). Tommy is touring with Soul Asylum. Brain will probably be touring with Bucket in some capacity. NIN may tour until 2010 or longer now that there are NIN/Jane's Addiction summer/fall tour rumors.

How do those things fit in with a GNR tour? They don't, unless Axl has a brand new cast of unknowns.

None of those things would stop a Gnr tour except your last sentence. The money is too good over in Europe for those guys to turn it down. SA pays for Tommy's drinks. A Gnr tour pays Tommy's rent, et al.:haha:

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

The money is too good over in Europe for those guys to turn it down. SA pays for Tommy's drinks. A Gnr tour pays Tommy's rent, et al.:haha:

That's true, but Tommy(and these other guys) aren't hacks. If they signed a contract with these other artists to tour, they're not gonna just bail. No way in hell do you burn other bridges for the possibility of a GNR tour. With GNR, you don't even know if a tour is gonna happen until you're onstage.

Rihanna, Soul Asylum, Praxis/Science Faxtion,etc. is money in the bank.

IF this tour is gonna happen, I think he should hit the US first and then go to Europe in the fall. Then he doesn't have to compete with U2. Both bands would be on opposite continents at the same time. Money is tight in this economy, and people are gonna be picking and choosing wisely who they go see until the uncertainty settles down.

Sky Dog wrote:

no doubt about that...

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Yeah I think people have learned over the years and are taking a "wait and see" approach.  I would like to believe it, and it would make all the sense in the world, but until we got confirmation I wouldn't get too excited.  And even then, as someone stated, the plug could still be pulled at any time.  I don't think the other members playing with other bands would stop GNR from touring though.  I mean aside from Robin, I think all the others would come back in a heartbeat.  I'm not privy to contract negotiations so I don't know how all that breaks down but Tommy is not a member of Soul Asylum and Richard is not a member of Rhianna (or however you want to phrase that) to my knowledge.  They're touring musicians, I'm sure both acts have had other touring musicians play with them before and will do so again.  Brain sounds like he'd be in for sure, almost like he's planning on it, so I don't see that as a problem.  Plus, there's always Frank anyways.  Robin is the only one who remains a huge question mark.  And Axl didn't exactly say there were no plans to tour.  I took that comment as they didn't have any dates set as of yet, but were in talks.  I know, we've been down this road before, so again we'll just have to wait and see.

Board footer