You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Followup album to Chinese Democracy...

Axlin16 wrote:

Baz knows nothing.

With that being said - welcome to the forum man.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

Welcome 5

Honestly I think what will happen is Axl will rerelease CD after the BB stuff clears and have like a bonus disc or something of that nature with CD.

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Coma wrote:

i think that Axl gonna release the record in 2010 or somethin like that sorry my pessimism 16

and... welcome 5 im new too 916
i dont even know ho to do a thread big_smile

drewsmith
 Rep: 1 

drewsmith wrote:

welcome to you to than 5 tongue on top of the threads there is typed new thread

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I strongly believe there is more material in existance, pitman said somewhere he'd written hundreds of bits of songs (partial ideas) with Axl, we've heard the leak of that Jackie Chan thing, and know some other song titles. In addition to this, while it may not have been four albums, Baz clearly heard enough material to assume there was more than one disc, and Axl himself says he often thought of this project as a double album.

Other comments recently from Axl I didn't take to be a denial of such material but more crafted to lower any expectations of a particular time frame with refrence to its release. At this moment Axl has finally delivered to us what was anticipated - Chinese Democracy - it was clearly a long road for everyone - and I think he wants to enjoy that - and leave it at that for the moment. IF he were to make a timeframe for another album, he risks missing that window and setting up a whole new bunch of angry fans and getting back into the same situation that existed with CD. So even if he has further finished work ready to go, I'd say he'd be smart enough not to tip us off to expect it at anything other than pretty late stages in the development. Look at how its starting to happen again - people are getting pissy that we didn't get a video after it was mentioned. Then we wonder why he doesnt talk much - if i were him I wouldn't say a lot either.

Anyway...I'm sure there are more songs from everything thats been said. And I'm hopeful that one day they will be released, and while as a fan of course i'm 'waiting' for that - I'm also not currently expecting anything to happen in any sort of time frame this time around. "Another" above thinks 2010 is pessimism...I'd actually consider that fast. It would be what 18 months from the last album - which is more than reasonable...and it only gives this year for tours and stuff that may want to happen first. With GNR anything is possible, but for me I'm just assuming it will be at least a few years before the next record, but of course its all just opinion and guess work!

Sky Dog wrote:

I think Axl needs to realize that for the most part, the entire Chinese Democracy sessions are going to be a commercial failure compared to the old band. If he is all square with the record company, then he needs to dump all the material in a box set soon. He needs to show the whole world from an artistic standpoint, the depth and variety of the material. I imagine there is a lot of crazy shit in the vaults and he could help himself in the press and in the industry, going forward, if he showed everything he's got. All the songs are recorded and mixed together so it will be very difficult to have a fresh sounding album without having to re-do a bunch of stuff. Dump it all and try to impress on an artistic level because it is plain and clear that commercially, the material won't fly as "Gnr". Clean the slate and start fresh....either that, or the next record needs to be released as a solo record.:/

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Coma wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

"Another" above thinks 2010 is pessimism...I'd actually consider that fast. !

im canlling that pessimism because everyone think that the next album will be release in 2009 (for Axl words)

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I would like to see all the material released. Hopefully he just doesn't layer new parts over old songs. If the band is changed then either write from scratch or create something new out of something older with those guys in the band. If a song is good the way it is then leave it alone. I hope that lesson will be learned on and if their is a new release.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

I think Axl needs to realize that for the most part, the entire Chinese Democracy sessions are going to be a commercial failure compared to the old band. If he is all square with the record company, then he needs to dump all the material in a box set soon. He needs to show the whole world from an artistic standpoint, the depth and variety of the material. I imagine there is a lot of crazy shit in the vaults and he could help himself in the press and in the industry, going forward, if he showed everything he's got. All the songs are recorded and mixed together so it will be very difficult to have a fresh sounding album without having to re-do a bunch of stuff. Dump it all and try to impress on an artistic level because it is plain and clear that commercially, the material won't fly as "Gnr". Clean the slate and start fresh....either that, or the next record needs to be released as a solo record.:/

Agreed. Its critical acclaim or bust at this point. Pop culture doesn't give two shits about this material, so just make an artistic statement instead.

Sky Dog wrote:

The weird thing is Geffen/Uni are happy as a pig in shit right now. Best Buy bailed everyone out. They probably don't give a flying fuck what happens after this. They have the back catalog to fall back on. They can release whatever else Axl recorded in any number of ways. Regardles of the outcome, they always have the cash cow.

Board footer