You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

Re: MIA Gives Birth

ereeper wrote:

2zpuzp1.jpg

HitFix has learned from two independent sources that Hip-Hop artist M.I.A., who impressed many across the world by performing while pregnant on Sunday's Grammy Awards ceremony on her due date, has given birth.  HitFix has reached out to Interscope Records for a comment, but has not recieved word at publication date.  So, it is unclear whether M.I.A. has delievered boy or a girl, but more importantly: Will she make her scheduled Oscar appearance?

Best known for her hit "Paper Planes," the UK rapper, and singer, who was born Maya Arulpragasam, is an Oscar nominee this year for her collaboration with A.R. Rahman on the "Slumdog Millionaire" Best Original Song nominee "O Saya."

M.I.A. had planned to perform at the ceremony in a mixmash medley that will also feature "Slumdog's" other nominee, "Jai Ho" and "Down to Earth" from "WALL-E." "Earth" songwriter Peter Gabriel made news earlier this week by bowing out of the production when he protested the short time his composition was getting in the show.  A collective response of: "Who is Peter Gabriel?" was heard from coast to coast from under 30-year-old moviegoers at the announcement.

If M.I.A. decides not to perform -- and don't put it past her to try -- who will replace her in the show?  Crazy ass Lil' Kim? Missy Elliott, Queen Latifah (also slated to appear during another show segment) or Eve?  Could MC Lyte be making a comeback?  Or, perhaps the Academy will trek Ms. Dynamite or Lady Sovereign over from the U.K.?  Or, maybe underexposed M.I.A. buddy Kayne West will take a shot at it? 

One thing is for sure, don't count on double threat and Lonely Island collaborator Natalie Portman. She's busy.

-------

MIA popped that kid out.  No mention if her offspring could play 3

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Moving this to black hole since its not GNR related.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Congrats Maya! 5 9

Now hire a nanny, finish the record, and get back on tour.

James

James wrote:

She just posted a blog on myspace.....

T O F A N S F R I E N D S O N F A M I L Y . M Y B A B Y I S H E R E
HAPPY VALENTINES!

SUNDAY NITE I CA M E HOME FROM THE GRAMMY'S STILL IN THE MOOD TO PARTY , I COUDA EASILY GONE OUT BUT I WENT HOME INSEAD , LUCKY I DID!! COZ MY EARLY STAGE LABOUR KICKED IN AROUND 2 AM .

[youtube]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfndz8pW9WY[/youtube]

MY BABY WAS BORN WEDNESDAY , HE IS HEALTHY , FINE , BEAUTIFUL AND THE MOST AMZING THING EVER ON THIS PLANET, OF COURSE IM HIS MUM!!!

ME AND BABY ARE PUTTING OUR TOUR DATES FOR 2010 TOGETHER
AND MAKING MIX TAPES
AND FIGURING OUT A WAY TO BREAK OUT OF THE HOSPITAL !

HOPEFULLY THE WORLD IS BEEN TICKING ALONG AND I AINT MISSED MUCH!

C U SOON ,

AND MY BABY BOY SAYZ HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This chick doesn't fuck around. Already talking tour, and more importantly, those mixtapes. Once Kala hit, the mixtapes(basically Piracy Funds Terrorism Vol. 2) were basically forgotten about. She stopped mentioning it. Now that looks to be shaping up.

If I had to take a guess, the mixtapes will come out this year to satisfy her salivating fans, and the album will accompany the tour in 2010.

As long as she's active, that's all that matters to me.

James

James wrote:

Since she's going in the mixtape direction, for you new or casual fans here is the mixtape that put her on the map.....

Piracy Funds Terrorism Vol. 1

piracywy1.jpg

Unofficial Release

Released in 2004

1      Galangation (Diplo Mix) (2:04)
2     Galang (2:59)
3      Two Bit Rhythm (M.I.A. Mix) (3:44)
4     Fire Bam (Diplo Mix) (1:55)
5     Fire Fire (3:35)
6     One For The Headskit (1:39)
7     Amazon (Diplo Mix) (3:34)
8     Definition Of A Roller (3:16)
9     Untitled (2:42)
10     MIA (3:12)
11     You're Good (Diplo Mix) (3:06)
12     Pop (2:37)
13     Sunshowers (Diplo Mix) (3:01)
14     Baile Funk One (2:17)
15     Bucky Done Gun (2:47)
16     Baile Funk Two (1:46)
17     China Girl (Diplo Mix) (2:10)
18     Baile Funk Three (1:26)
19     Lady Killer (Diplo Mix) (3:24)
20      Uraqt (Diplo Mix) (2:47)
21      Bingo (Diplo Mix) (3:19)

Produced by M.I.A. and diplo

http://www.4shared.com/file/67608381/fc … Vol_1.html

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

A big congratulations to her.

James

James wrote:

GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Awww....

slips
 Rep: 1 

slips wrote:

oh god, just what the world needs, another fucking terrorist. ever heard of a coathanger.

Board footer