You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Re: Dizzy Reed's Solo Stuff

Von wrote:

I've been addicted to The Air from the soundtrack to The Still Life since I first heard it. In fact, I make it a general habit of visiting Dizzy's MySpace page and letting the music just play in the background while I do writing. I really love the song Fracas especially. This guy's talented, no question. What I'd like to know is where I can get his music. Does he have some sort of demo CD you can pick up somewhere online or is there a way to download these tracks? I mean legally, too. I'll gladly support the guy. His music's just something I'm really into. To be honest, I've unsuccessfully tried to rip the songs from his MySpace page, but my ability to do that seems to have gone south. Any help? Any other fans?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I can't help you, but I really like "The Air" too.  Haven't really listened to his other stuff, but I dig that one.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't even remember the song. Been like 3 years since I heard it.

Von

Von wrote:

http://www.myspace.com/dizzyreedmusic Just go there and listen to Fracas.

briggsy
 Rep: 19 

briggsy wrote:
Von wrote:

What I'd like to know is where I can get his music. Does he have some sort of demo CD you can pick up somewhere online or is there a way to download these tracks? I mean legally, too. I'll gladly support the guy. His music's just something I'm really into. To be honest, I've unsuccessfully tried to rip the songs from his MySpace page, but my ability to do that seems to have gone south. Any help? Any other fans?

As far as I know there is no album nor anything official to buy, if there was I would gladly pay to support the man as well.

Although I do have 5 of his songs as mp3's...

Edit* - You can buy "The Still Life" soundtrack, which has some songs Dizzy plays on, not sure how many (if any) he sings though.

Von

Von wrote:

briggsy, check your PMs. Anyway, I'm on Dizzy's MySpace page right now and all songs but The Air are gone! Fracas! What the fuck happened? They were always there and now that I've made a thread to talk about them, it's like Axl got wind up people liking Dizzy's solo stuff and made him take it all down.

Von

Von wrote:

Anyone else who was interested in Dizzy's solo stuff should go check out the band in this thread I just started http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=5946. Throw me a frickin' bone. I post so many new bands in there and get little to no response. 16

Von

Von wrote:

lol Years later... I finally got all of Dizzy's solo ducks back in a row. "Fracas" and "The Air" are some of the best output by any Gunner. PM me if you wanna check 'em out.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I do dig "The Air". Is that Dizzy singing on that song?

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

As much as I don't care for Dizzy Reed in Guns, I dig what I've heard of his solo stuff.
It's too bad that he is suffering from the GNR curse, and that his solo record will never come out.
I dig "Silent Light" and "The Air"
I love Bowie, Mott the Hoople and T-Rex, and obviously so does Dizzy.

The Dizzy Reed album has Dizzy on keyboards and vocals, lyrics by Del James and Dizzy Reed, guitars by Richard Fortus, Bumblefoot, Alex Grossi, Todd Youth, Whitey Kirst, Ricky Warwick, Jeff Duncan, and Bobby Hamble.

Bobby Hamble plays on the track "Cheers To Oblivion."  Jeff Duncan plays on the track "Mother Theresa." Alex Grossi seems to be the main guitarist, he claims to have played on every track.

Tommy Stinson, Mike Duda, Greg Coates, and Chuck Wright, all share bass duties on the record.
On the drums, Dizzy has Frank Ferrer, Frankie Banelli, Mike Dupke, Adrian Young, and Anthony Biuso.

The best I can tell, the album was recorded from 2003 to 2005, and will never come out.

Board footer