You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Chinese Democracy on Itunes

James wrote:

ous5cm.jpg

No further proof needed that Better should have been the single that launched the album. While the title track did chart higher than Better on the radio and had a ton of listens on sites like Myspace, youtube, imeem,etc., when it came time for people to open their wallets and actually purchase tracks, Better came out the clear winner.

Having looked at this Itunes statistic, I'm a bit surprised that the track suffered such a descent from the charts. GNR should have noticed this immediately and rushed out a video. When people are willing to fork over cash for one of your songs, you got to keep the incentive alive.

Itunes offers up an added taste of irony to this project. While its a record that most would agree is lacking any clear cut singles, the singles themselves(CD, Shackler's Revenge, Better) have had decent interest while they don't give two shits about the album as a whole. I guess you could say the same thing about all albums in this era, but Chinese Democracy tanked quickly on the Itunes chart so it makes this a more notable example.

If you feel like buying the album in this format or even cherry picking a track or two to move it up the charts, here ya go.....

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt … 4&s=143441

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

pretty sad actually that the album is basically being measured on 3 tracks

considering that huge variety of opinions from track to track i'd say that its a bad thing

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

I think it shows the power of exposure.  People aren't buying what they don't know.  This shows people are buying the two singles and the song they want to learn to play on the video game.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Pretty sad the album is being measured on 3 tracks, when there's about 7 others that are better.

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Coma wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Pretty sad the album is being measured on 3 tracks, when there's about 7 others that are better.

Agreed i think that Sorry is much better that those 3 songs, its sad:(

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

That's why selection of singles is so crucial now.

Better was a wise single choice, and nothing really wrong with the title track. I was just surprised that the actual singles sales were the exact opposite of the radio charts.

Board footer