You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Elimination threads final stats

PaSnow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

shear diversity of the tracks is what strikes me....

Me too, everyones faves are all over the place. Songs repeated in "Worst tracks" and "Best tracks" quite often. I think each of us had songs we loved, that others hated. And vice-versa.

It's bizarre, I don't follow many other bands/albums on forums, but I can't imagine that's normal. .

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

There's no telling what CD was once intended to look like. I think the songs that he once was saving for the later album he said in the Loader interview old fans would hate, eventually made it onto CD.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I disagree with the mainstream. Give me Shackler's Revenge over Catcher in the Rye any day.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

There Was A Time is the final song standing.

This is truely a good thing. The best song on the album.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

^cuz bumble ruined them 16

Sorry is also a bucket/brain track and its consistantly near the top...

regardless, my biggest knock on bucket...he's a huge talent but his music is just too bizarre for most people....some of his stuff is great, but most is just way out there

I love Scraped....

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
strat0 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

regardless, my biggest knock on bucket...he's a huge talent but his music is just too bizarre for most people....some of his stuff is great, but most is just way out there

I love Scraped....

Me too, I don't get the hate for that song.  THE song on the album that makes me crank it up and rock out.  I mean, the other songs make me do that too, but this one in particular.  I love IRS too, which again most people seem to hate.  And Shackler's.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Neemo wrote:

People miss the fact that Sorry is a huge Bucket/Brain track because it's not what you'd necessarily expect from them.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I was really impressed with Bucket's guitar work in Sorry. It's so smooth, and soulful.

I'm not trying to make it a Bucket vs. Slash argument, but it really shows... Bucket can do anything on guitar, he's not pigeonholed or in a box on nothin'. The man truely has remarkable ability and range as a guitarist.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Brain and Bucket are all over the album, in songwriting and even in production. Much more than any of the other guys, except maybe Chris.

I don't know why people keep relegating them to just Shackler's and Scraped. 10

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I think because people think the more rock-oriented tracks are born from Bucket & Brain, whereas the ballad-oriented tracks are Axl & Chris' doing. I think it's an equal effort from those players. I don't know why either people credit it as such.

Board footer