You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Re: Favorite Guitar Solos

Von wrote:

I'm telling you guys, don't underestimate Crime Slunk Scene.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

MSG, Save Yourself. Schenker does a great intro to this song and a good solo too. It's mostly just unabashed shredding, but it's great. My favorite solo off this album is from the song What We Need, but for some reason I can't find that one on YouTube.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Pantera - Floods

Jimi Hendrix - Machine Gun

I don't have one favorite but those are two off the top of my head.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

My fave is Gilmour's Comfortably Numb solo

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I never understood why Living Colour didn't go further.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I think Living Colour would've done well to go a bit heavier - Cult of Personality is about as hard rock as they get. I like them and that album Vivid is especially good, but they were as much pop as rock overall. They really thrived with a harder rock sound like Cult of Personality.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Here's your answer....

You just couldn't take them seriously after hearing that track. They were basically promoted as this black kick ass metal band, and that was all over when they released Glamour Boys as a single.

Its why their second album was pretty much a flop and then they dropped off the map entirely.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

That video didn't do them any help either. The videos worse than the song. It makes them look like Bobbie McFerring "Don't Worry be Happy"

Interesting note, the singer Corey Glover was a fairly succesful actor before the band, he was in Platoon.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

To get further into it,

Axlin08 wrote:

Grunge happened. Literally Metallica, and U2 are about the only bands to survive. I'm not saying all these 4 chord grunge bands were better than Living Colour, but all the bands prior to September 1991 struggled, even those that shouldn't have. LC, came out with an album a few years later, but I remember a kid I knew got it, but it was right when STP was breaking out, and it went unnoticed as a result. Tesla was a decent band, never heard from again after "Signs" & 5 man acoustical jam. Even the Black Crowes, a great band, was less famous. The Counting Crows were now as popular as they were.

Everything changed, overnight. I remember during someones behind the music, I think it was CC Deville in Poisons, said he was sitting down, watching MTV and saw Nirvana's video. He said to himself "Well, that's it. It's all over now. It was a fun ride."  He just knew they were done. I could go on, Def Leppard, LA Guns etc replaced by AIC & Soundgarden. NIN, Ministry etc there was so much new stuff to choose from, you could take your pick. but basically almost every band suffered the same fate. It was an awesome time to be alive imho. I'm glad I lived thru it & got to see it.

Board footer