You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Classic Rock Blog: We Hate Axl. We Love Him.

Axlin16 wrote:

I knew you'd back me up! 16 3

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Axlin08, we should just start derailing some of the lamer threads and turn them into all out Priest Fests.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:

Well, yeah. The new GN’R have the most passionate internet fan community out there. The CR office is bombarded daily with updates on every rumour, whisper, movement and he-said-she-said from Axl and his enormous guitar army. Every posting on our website about GN’R is followed by postings from normal people saying, “Yeah, tell someone who cares” immediately followed by 30 posts from assorted lunatics who wrte n txt spk and thnk ChinDem is the tits and bthead is god.

I don't agree with this at all.  The internet Gn'R fanbase is a small niche group of people who gravitate towards any kind of outside information they can get because that's all they get. Something pops up and  a few hundred fans go check it out and comment. Just as an example(that I'm familiar with) you'll never convince me that a Gn'R fanbase is more passionate about new Gn'R than U2 fans are about U2 and I think that can be said about alot of different fanbases. The fact is most bands  opperate without the fucking secrecy. Their fans stick to the main fan sites cause they are the most reliabel source to gain information. Sadly the same cannot be said about Gn'R sites with Evolution of course being an exception.  The main U2 sites promote open discussion about anything relevant to the band be it rumors or fact. The Big Gn'R sites force you to go else where to discuss these things. 

I'm not cutting down the Gn'R fanbase cause it's no doubt a  loyal group of people but no more loyal than other fanbases. It just opperates under a  differet type of circumstances which often times forces fans to post all over the place making them appear to be more rabid and hardcore.

I think that was sort of the point.  Classic Rock doesn't get 100's of e-mails about every rumor going on in the world of U2 because most of the time, everything's on the up and up.  Like you said, there's a lot of secrecy in the world of GNR so the online community goes nuts anytime they think they know something.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Nostradamus was great. I hope they do the tour where it's performed live in as a whole album. That would be sick.

Cool article I thought. I don't see anything wrong or strange about fans wanting news. I guess we just have to get ours in a different way than most other bands. Would more people care if there was a lot of coverage and news on the band? Maybe but they do have the fans online and that counts for something I would think.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Von wrote:

Axlin08, we should just start derailing some of the lamer threads and turn them into all out Priest Fests.

No doubt. 14

BLS-Pride wrote:

Nostradamus was great. I hope they do the tour where it's performed live in as a whole album. That would be sick.

I think that'd be great. I just don't think a regular Priest show, with the classics, mixed with Nostradamus tracks serves that album well.

It's so bigger than life, it needs a true, flat out stage & light show imo.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Love him or hate him, it doesn't really matter. When people start to become indifferent to him, then it's time for Axl to worry.

Sums it up perfect. People still care enough in some form or another.

BLS-Pride wrote:

I think that'd be great. I just don't think a regular Priest show, with the classics, mixed with Nostradamus tracks serves that album well.

It's so bigger than life, it needs a true, flat out stage & light show imo.

Yeah. They said first in the UK then maybe a few dates in the US. I would go see them perform that. One of the best of 08 and it's something I want too see GnR do with a few classics thrown in.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I dont agree with the "Hate, Love" as long as people aren't indifferent.

This isn't Pro Wrestling or Talk radio

most people if they hate someone, they aren't gonna buy an album or ticket.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
-D- wrote:

naw...you're wrong here...as long as people are still talking about you...you'll still make money...

and it's becoming really obvious that Gn'R wouldn't exist without that, because although we are passionate fans...we aren't enough to keep them going...

the last concert I went to, I was sitting next to a bunch of middle aged men who were around during AFD...and they said, "when's the ass hole gonna show up."

he showed up at 12 and they were there with me 'till nearly 3 am...

gosh i hate that guy

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
-D- wrote:

not necessarily. if you're being made fun of in the press people will be curious about what's going on. only one big example comes to mind: meat loaf. when he came out with bat out of hell and did concerts the press was all over him with titles like "fat out of hell". and people bought tickets out of curiosity and we all know he sold millions of albums afterward.

Board footer