You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Re: I was thinkin about...

Coma wrote:

some of the unheard song and I posted here in the songs description but what i wanted is that you see this and tell what youre thinkin
okay
1- Zodiac is Shacklers i gonna tel you why
º First  lets look at the description of Zodiac:

Neemo wrote:

Song Information

'Zodiac', is described as an electronic, industrial song. (Jeff Leeds, Sp1at Website, 2005)

Q: Axl, here's a list of rumored song titles.  Can you tell us which ones are bogus and which ones are real?

Ides Of March ('98), Oklahoma ('98), Atlas Shrugged ('99), Closing In On You ('99), Cock-A-Roach Soup ('99), Friend Or Foe ('99), Hearts Get Killed ('99), No Love Remains ('99), Oh My God ('99), Something Always ('99), Suckerpunched ('99), Zip It ('99), Silkworms ('00), Down By The Ocean ('01), Leave Me Alone ('02), Seven ('02), The General ('02), Thyme ('02), Quick Song ('05), Zodiac ('05), Motormouth ('06), We Were Lying ('06)

A: Ides Of March, Oklahoma, Atlas Shrugged,  Oh My God, Silkworms , Down By The Ocean (Izzy), Leave Me Alone, Seven , The General , Thyme , Quick Song , Zodiac Most all titles subject to change w/out warning and r considered working titles. (Axl Rose, chinesedemocracy.com, Dec. 2008)

okay Shackler its totally industrial and thinkin in the intro it is a little electronic if look about the song that Axl confirmed as be real Zodiac is there so you and it was in Dec. 2008 after the realese of the record in wich was Shackler well he actually said that those are workin titles and more he names Leave Me Alone and after he said that the real name was Soul Monster so Zodiac its a real name the working title of Shackler
ºSecond the Lyrics:

I've got a funny feeling
There's something wrong today
I've got a funny feeling
And it won't go away

I've got an itchy finger
And there'll be hell to pay
I'm gonna pull the trigger
And blow them all away

Don't ever
Try to tell me
How much you care for me
Don't ever
Try to tell me
How you are there for me

I don't believe there's a reason
I don't believe it
I don't believe it

I've got a wicked demon
His hunger never fades
I've got an empty feelin'
I won't be home today

Don't ever
Try to tell me
How much you care for me
Don't ever
Try to tell me
How you are there for me

I don't believe it
I don't believe it

I don't believe it
I don't believe it

No one is stoppin' you
From doin' what you want to do
No one is stoppin' you now
Stoppin' you now

I don't believe it
I don't believe it
I don't believe it
I don't believe it

it fists, and i remember that James Lofton (i dont remember in witch thread was)  said if you  never listened the name Shacklers and try to gues the name by the lyrics you would said Zodiac...

2- I think that Quick Song is Chinese Democracy working title:
ºokay lets see how it is described:

Neemo wrote:

Song Information

'Quick Song', is a rock song with a riff similar to 'Smells Like Teen Spirit. (Jeff Leeds, Sp1at Website, 2005)

Q: Axl, here's a list of rumored song titles.  Can you tell us which ones are bogus and which ones are real?

Ides Of March ('98), Oklahoma ('98), Atlas Shrugged ('99), Closing In On You ('99), Cock-A-Roach Soup ('99), Friend Or Foe ('99), Hearts Get Killed ('99), No Love Remains ('99), Oh My God ('99), Something Always ('99), Suckerpunched ('99), Zip It ('99), Silkworms ('00), Down By The Ocean ('01), Leave Me Alone ('02), Seven ('02), The General ('02), Thyme ('02), Quick Song ('05), Zodiac ('05), Motormouth ('06), We Were Lying ('06)

A: Ides Of March, Oklahoma, Atlas Shrugged,  Oh My God, Silkworms , Down By The Ocean (Izzy), Leave Me Alone, Seven , The General , Thyme , Quick Song , Zodiac Most all titles subject to change w/out warning and r considered working titles. (Axl Rose, chinesedemocracy.com, Dec. 2008)

all right the Smells similar riff if you listen to the guitar riffs it actully its very similar look at how its played Smells

--------------------------------
---------------------------------
-------4--4-------------7--7---
4--4--4--4---7---7----7--7---
4--4--2--2---7---7----5--5---
2--2----------5---5------------

and look how is CD played:

--------------------------------------
7--7---9--9---10--10---11--11----
7--7---9--9---10--10---11--11----
5--5---7--7---8---8-----9---9------
its the same figure:
-
-
-

and if change the rythm to Smells it sounds like CD its only the effects and pedal on the guitar that make a real diference and  i explain what i think about what Axl said.

Thanks

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Shackler's is about the Virgina Tech shootings if I am not mistaken. And Axl wouldn' confirm Zodiac and Quick Song as titles if they were already released as different songs. So sorry but your are prob wrong.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

the virginia tech shootings doesnt make sense because its a bucket tune. he was long gone before that happened. maybe the lyrics were written after that, but i don't know.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

From all accounts the music was created in the lab, sent up to the castle in the hills for analysis, then cryogenically frozen until Axl got around to the lyrics.

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Coma wrote:

he also said that Leave Me Alone was a title and then he said it was Soul Monster and the same with Oklahoma those a real titles, yes the fact some of they are now  replaced by others it doesnt mean that they arent real

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

No one said things aren't real. What I said was you are wrong because he would have dismissed Zodiac and Quick Song if they were changed to Chinese Democracy and Shackler's Revenge.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

bls is correct

axl put his lyrics that he wrote about the shootings to bucket's music and it eventually became shackler's revenge

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It also makes sense, because Shackler's Revenge was the only track to purely come from out of nowhere on the album.

Despite Bucket's presence in the writing (even though it's Ron performing), i've always wondered if Shackler's was a song they put together 'completely' more recently, and mulled over whether to put it on CD I with the older material, or keep it back for a future album.

Either way it works, because i'm not one of these people that sign up for the 'it's too hard to adjust to after CD'. I disagree. I think it's a great 2nd track.

And Coma, I think Zodiac is it's own song, but you've put together a great post.

2008 Intentions
 Rep: 6 

Quick song and CD could be, but Shacklers not.

may be bucket had a date with Axl to finish Shackler Revenge

who knows¿

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

They are different songs. Why would Axl confirm Quick Song as a title if it's Chinese Democracy? The riff is more Rock you like a Hurricane than Smells like Teen Spirit.

Board footer