You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Time went by and it became a joke ...

AtariLegend wrote:
Otis Western wrote:

Hey all. Long time GN'R fan, first time poster on a GN'R forum.

I doubt it.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I think being "a joke" might be a bit harsh, but overall I'm with the OP. Or at least pretty close. IMHO it's DEFINITELY a solo album.

This is the one that really bothers me about the album.  It is a solo album in just about any sense of the words.  Anybody trying to argue that it isn't is kidding themselves... and I include Axl in that.

For me, in a perfect world, the band wouldn't be called Guns N' Roses, but there's shit all I can do about that, so I don't worry about it and just enjoy the music for what it is.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Actually. the album has done pretty well, considering. Not unless your standards are ridiculously placed in a fantasy land. But seeing 500,000 (2 million world wide) albums (so far) ain't bad for a 'current' rock album, especially this album. No matter how many people want to label it a failure it isn't. The new direction, though not as successful as it would have been in 02, is not a failure and it isn't because people said no thanks.

And if you're judging by active "posting" on message boards to measure success, these boards were never deader than 03-05. It happens. There's little to talk about, except for Axl's so called interviews where he directly made oldvsnew a topic. And I guarantee you if there was news on a new leak the activity would jump.

I mean you can say no one cares..... But you sure seem to.

And when people bring up the myspace hits it always reminds me of Kartman showing up at youtube to get his internet dollars 16

There's little to talk about?  A "great" current rock album was recently released and according to you is doing phenomenomly well.  Why wouldn't all the fans - I don't know - talk about that?

Where have you been the past 7 years?  The majority of this album was in our hands before it was even released, some songs have been talked about since they were first heard live back in 2001, and the rest of the album was speculated over.

This album has been talked about to death.  So yes, there really isn't much to talk about.  Nice way to prove your point though.

As for the majority of the fans not liking the new band- that's bullshit.  It may be your opinion, but you don't speak for the fan base.  You find what you want to find, and you are a magnet for negativity when it comes to Chinese Democracy and the new incarnation of GNR.  I don't even get why you bitch anymore about it.  The old band is dead.  The new 'band' (I put that in italics since we don't know who is officially in/out) is here.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Saikin does bring up a good point. Otis, were you downloading the annual leaks, or did you get your first taste of the songs when the album was released?

Otis Western
 Rep: 0 

Otis Western wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Saikin does bring up a good point. Otis, were you downloading the annual leaks, or did you get your first taste of the songs when the album was released?

I heard the Mike Piazza leak. IRS? I also heard some of the leaks right before they toured a few years back. I can't recall exactly what the demos sounded like, but I don't remember being as disappointed in them as I was the album. For years, I remember reading how the album was delayed again because Axl was trying to improve it. I guess that I just honestly expected something better than the steaming pile of shit that we ended up with.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

The album is pretty damn good, there are a few sour moments for me but fuck it, I just accept it for what it is now rather than what I hoped it would be.

And GN'R were fucking amazing when I seen them in 2006, best concert I have ever been to. No fucking chemistry? The band were tight as hell, the crowd were in the palm of their hand and there was not one bum note all night.

I say 2006 because its pretty easy to remember what year it was I seen them. I would have had to cross to the other side of the world if I seen them in 2007,  and vice verca for anyone in australasia who really truly seen them live in 2006.

AtariLegend wrote:
Otis Western wrote:

I heard the Mike Piazza leak. IRS? I also heard some of the leaks right before they toured a few years back.

This is from someone who only signed up to their first GNR forum yesterday.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Otis Western
 Rep: 0 

Otis Western wrote:
russtcb wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Otis Western wrote:

I heard the Mike Piazza leak. IRS? I also heard some of the leaks right before they toured a few years back.

This is from someone who only signed up to their first GNR forum yesterday.

Yeah, I was kinda thinking the same thing you are.

I'm not sure what you are trying to imply. Are you saying that it's not possible to hear GNR leaks without being a member of a forum? Hell, I've been visiting file sharing sites and youtube for years. This isn't the first time I ever viewed a fan forum, but it is my first time being registered to one. Not sure why that's so difficult for some to comprehend or believe. Odd.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer