You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Otis Western
 Rep: 0 

Re: GN'R showing signs of being labeled an "epic fail".

Otis Western wrote:

Hey, all. I'm not sure if this kind of article is allowed to be posted, or if this is considered the appropriate section, but I cam across this online and I thought that it was a pretty accurate description of how most see Guns N Roses these days. Enjoy!

http://media.www.keeneequinox.com/media … age2.shtml

Guns N' Roses showing signs of being labeled an 'epic fail'

You know, I've got to be honest. We have been fortunate with reunion tours lately. We've seen Rage Against the Machine, Led Zeppelin, The Police, The Grateful Dead and many others come back for one last hoo-rah. Blink 182 recently reunited not just for a tour, but to put out a new album as well. The ability to witness these events is an opportunity that few will be offered.

Unfortunately, these shows are often near-impossible to actually attend for various factors such as the high demand for tickets, cost, distance and our day to day schedules, just to name a few. Still, these shows are what hopes and dreams are made of.

With Guns N' Roses' most recent release, "Chinese Democracy," (which, in case you've been hiding under a rock, features Axl Rose as the only original Guns member) questions have arisen about the possibility of a reunion tour with members of the original band.

Well, all you original Guns fans out there, kiss your hopes and dreams goodbye. Axl Rose has wasted no time and put plenty of energy into properly responding to the idea of a true Guns N' Roses reunion and the response was simple and straight to the source of the issue.

"There's zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash other than by ambush, and that wouldn't be pretty," Axl told AOL's Spinner.com in a recent interview. "He either should not have been in Guns to begin with or should have left after "Lies." In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided -- and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters the better."

When asked about a fan's message essentially asking Axl if either he or Guns guitarist Slash were to die, how the other would feel never having given fans the pleasure of seeing them together again, his response was even more up-front.

"Give me a f--king break," Rose said. "What's clear is that one of the two of us will die before a reunion show, and however sad, ugly, or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is. Those decisions were made a long time ago and reiterated year after year by one man."

Sad, ugly and unfortunate it is, but it seems a Guns N' Roses reunion would be about as likely as a Beatles reunion tour, taking into account departed band members and all.

Despite the fact that Axl has been the one making the noise recently regarding thoughts of a reunion, he isn't the only one to blame. Fans of the band know well the bad blood between the vocalist and ex-lead guitarist.

Although more fans tend to side with Slash thanks to his more quiet approach regarding his relationship with Axl coupled with the fact that Axl tends to be loud and obnoxious every chance he gets, don't be fooled.

The issues between the two are a result of the behavior of both Axl and Slash, not just one or the other.

Whether Slash is more subtle in expressing himself or not, the feelings between the two are mutual.

Guns fans do have some good news to relish however. It appears Axl sees a reunion with some of the other band members a possibility.

"I suppose (former bass player) Duff (McKagan) could play guitar on something somewhere but there's zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash," Axl said.

So, it seems a dismembered Gun's N' Roses reunion may be in store for the future. It's not the news most fans were hoping for, but it isn't like we couldn't see this coming.

I know that I didn't expect anything more than this to happen, and I have a feeling other fans were able to assume the same.

Still, we are living in a time where big reunions seem to be announced all of the time, and although we may never get to see this incredible force of rock re-assembled, we can still enjoy the music they put out as well as the other amazing reunions that seem to just keep on coming.

All this does is prove that not all of our hopes and dreams can come true, so let's just sit back, enjoy those that do, and keep on dreaming.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Hey, all. I'm not sure if this kind of article is allowed to be posted, or if this is considered the appropriate section, but I cam across this online and I thought that it was a pretty accurate description of how most see Guns N Roses these days. Enjoy

Don't worry, it is. We don't censor people here from the real world, unlike other places that hand-select what they want you to know and dictate what you say.

I read this article off the net, not long ago. Interesting read. 22

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I don't see what the article has to do with its title. It is about the band never reuniting, not about GnR being an "Epic Fail"

Otis Western

Otis Western wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I don't see what the article has to do with its title. It is about the band never reuniting, not about GnR being an "Epic Fail"

Yeah, but the 2 are directly proportional.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:
Otis Western wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

well what failure are we talking about? chinese democracy? lets follow your logic here.

chinese democracy was a failure because the old band will never reunite.

doesnt make sense

Otis Western

Otis Western wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
Otis Western wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

well what failure are we talking about? chinese democracy? lets follow your logic here.

doesnt make sense

Chinese Democracy was a failure as proven by lack of interest from the fans, media, poor sales, no hit singles, etc.

This was the first album of original material without Slash, Izzy, and Duff. All the material they released had fan/media appeal, hit singles, interest, high volume sales, etc.

Thus, my "directly proportional" comment.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:
Otis Western wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
Otis Western wrote:

doesnt make sense

Chinese Democracy was a failure as proven by lack of interest from the fans, media, poor sales, no hit singles, etc.

This was the first album of original material without Slash, Izzy, and Duff. All the material they released had fan/media appeal, hit singles, interest, high volume sales, etc.

i understand what your saying but this article has nothing to do with being an epic fail(ure). the entire is can be summed up in "GNR will never reunite"

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Otis Western wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
Otis Western wrote:

doesnt make sense

The fans comment is incorrect. The loyal fans who've followed from the get-go, have known for years Axl hates Slash, and the old band isn't reuniting.

They're very much interested in CD. It just seems the band isn't.

Board footer