You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Re: RUMOR: Axl "will not be cooperating any further on the albums release"

Arcade Roses wrote:

Went (boldly logged) onto CD.com for the first time in ages today.  Saw this thread and so far haven't seen any discussion about it on here - or anywhere else - yet.  What do you make of this?

http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/forum/g … 886.0.html

Everyone,

I have not seen anything in writing and we probably won't here (some people on this forum know where "here" is), but from what I have been hearing we may not be seeing an Axl approved video for any of the songs on Chinese Democracy. I understand that he is not pleased with CD's delivery and will not be co-operating any further on the album's release. However, that does not mean we will not be seeing a video. Remember, we had Nirvana videos long after Kurt's departure from the band.

Sorry to deliver such unfortunate news, but someone needs to speak on the subject.

Pygmy.

Apparently 'LIVE-FREE!' has said the guy has some cred.  I sent PMs around the 'here' zone earlier today to try and check this (and other issues) out.

But is this substance or sub-shit?  (Sorry, couldn't think of anything.)

AR

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Oh God... the sad thing is - I believe it.

Looks like the war between Axl and Universal isn't over... it's only just begun. Now it's gonna get legal, and Laurie is gonna get involved. Axl is refusing to deliver a video, I guarantee you, like he did with the actual album, and the record company, like anyone with a brain, knows that Axl nose dived this thing, and now they're gonna try to go over his head and cut their own videos, and lay the music over it.

It's been done before, and knowing Axl, he'll just go into hiding again, and most likely shows are just that - rumors.

Arcade Roses

Arcade Roses wrote:

From the same thread (page 4):

Beta revealed in a fan personal message over at MyGnR Axl is very upset the fans are blaiming him because of no video at this point..Out of his hands or refusing to take responsibility, anyones guess.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

It's legit. Axl is probably upset, and rightfully so.

He's the leader of the band, he runs this circus.

If he wants to restore faith, then he needs to bend at the ankles and smile, like every other artist, and stop being so overly difficult.

"out of his hands"... yeah, and he also just bought an ocean front mansion in Arizona too.

Arcade Roses

Arcade Roses wrote:

James or someone said something like, 'They had 14 years to sort out all this stuff (promotion, video, etc.)', a while back.  He was right.

These are not the words of 'ungrateful fans', Axl.  These are the words of fans who chose to embrace the 'new line-up'/post-'99 GN'R/post-Slash GN'R.  I always said - like many hyper-realists - that 2002 was the better era, due to the energy and zeal Axl (and the band) had for the music back then.  As people on here have again said, this stuff would have fitted in with what I call the 'Plan A' era better than this frankly tedious (and promotionless) 'Plan B' (now moving onto 'C' by the way) era.  I was watching a 'year 2000' look back special on Kerrang last night.  Saw bands like Limp Bizkit, etc..  Thought to myself, '"Shackler's Revenge" would have fitted in with this stuff sooo bloody well'.

The album rocked, but this lack of zeal and enthusiasm for the project - or rather, the failure to use the 14/15 years wisely enough to plan and execute the 'great comeback' - sucks for not just all who put their hard work into this over the years (Bucket, the producers, etc.), the band, but the fans like (us?) who were for nearly a decade and a half not just predicting but anticipating and promoting his great comeback.

Not to detract too much from the original topic (it's quite late here anyway) - but let me pose the question: did anybody, in the last 3-5 years before November 2008, see it all play out like this?

AR

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yes and no.

I didn't think it'd be so much of an anti-climax, and so much silence, but at the same time... i'm not shocked.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I thought this could play out as a bit of a clusterfuck - but shit even my imagination couldn't have expected such "monumental non-promotion".

Once again it's always somebody elses fault.

Axl is a fantastic artist but fuck me please get someone else to run the ship. Yes that may mean you will have to do shit that you don't like from time to time, but it's a small price to pay.

The curious thing to me is he has Azoff onboard, so if he is not happy with CD's delivery then either Best Buy and co breached their contract/agreement with how this thing was to be released or Azoff has screwed Axl.

I have been curious as to why Azoff appears to have got off scott free with no abuse from Axl.  He is the bands manager, surely he knew what was agreed and what wasn't.  What the role out plan was to be etc etc.  I expect Axl would have poured over the release details and agreements etc before signing off on them.  So what went wrong???

Either Best Buy or the record company hasn't held up their end of the bargain which I thought would leave Axl with some sort of recourse.  If they have held up their end of the deal then Axl and/or Azoff appear to have agreed to a shit house deal that allowed the current circumstances to eventuate??

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

No way any of that info can be confirmed 100% true until the passage of time, but I'm not buying the excuse for no video. M.I.A. uploads her own vids on youtube, and she's on the same label. The days of people thinking there should be an asterisk next to GNR just because its GNR need to come to an end.

Its amazing that every other artist/band is able to release videos, do promo,etc. except GNR, because there are these phantom Mt. Everest sized obstacles always in the way.

Not buying it. If he doesn't want to do promo or videos, just admit it and move on to whatever it is he does want to do, even if that's nothing.

Hopefully he at least decides to tour. I was actually getting a bit psyched at the possibility.

Arcade Roses

Arcade Roses wrote:
Aussie wrote:

The curious thing to me is he has Azoff onboard, so if he is not happy with CD's delivery then either Best Buy and co breached their contract/agreement with how this thing was to be released or Azoff has screwed Axl.

Good point and I've not read (or thought of) that before.

I have been curious as to why Azoff appears to have got off scott free with no abuse from Axl.  He is the bands manager, surely he knew what was agreed and what wasn't.  What the role out plan was to be etc etc.

Again there's time... unless Azoff 'did his job well' and it was the record company that f**ked up.

Either Best Buy or the record company hasn't held up their end of the bargain which I thought would leave Axl with some sort of recourse.  If they have held up their end of the deal then Axl and/or Azoff appear to have agreed to a shit house deal that allowed the current circumstances to eventuate??

We already saw one f**k-up in the Dr Pepper fiasco so again you may be right.

James Lofton wrote:

No way any of that info can be confirmed 100% true until the passage of time

Well 'Better' was released in November and it's close to mid-March.  This guy first made his post in early December (2008) by the way and now seems to have been proven right....

[...] The days of people thinking there should be an asterisk next to GNR just because its GNR need to come to an end.

Ahh but that's a contradiction James.  How can there be 'no asterisk next to GN'R' when, as you then say:

Its amazing that every other artist/band is able to release videos, do promo,etc. except GNR, because there are these phantom Mt. Everest sized obstacles always in the way.

If that's not an asterisk I don't know what is.

I agree it's hard to buy (though similar things have happened before and it can be a f**k-up at both ends): 15 years and this kind of thing could somehow not be figured out?

Some of the wait was in vein - not even big time nutswingers like (if I can mention his/her name) Warchild can doubt that one now.

AR

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

axl rose is troy duffy

Board footer