You are not logged in. Please register or login.

2008 Intentions
 Rep: 6 

Re: Appetite '99

I never heard anything about these tracks, I was listening a intro for welcome to the jungle...its a jhon 5 version not 99 afd

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Of all the stuff that's out there, the material I really want to hear is the '99 AFD redux/CD sessions with Finck and Tobias on guitars. The versions of I.R.S. and TWAT we have from those sessions are so completely different from the finished versions, you get a real picture of how CD developed. And the AFD material is a fascinating curio - I'd love to hear studio versions of Finck's reinterpretations of the tracks.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

from what i understand from axl's interviews is that on the AFD recordings he essentially wanted a carbon copy of the original AFD with updated drums. Not so interesting to me.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Yeah, but from the material that's available - the updated SCOM - it's clear that the AFD re-recording is very different to the original material.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Wouldn't mind hearing the Appetite '99, doubt we ever will though hmm

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

They should stream it on Myspace.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

That's actually a very good idea.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

They can't.  There will be more interest in that than in CD - how will that be a good thing?

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

you have AFD 99 in every single gig he`s done in the last 9 years, be happy with that.  You cant improve perfection.  (you hear that AXL)

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

They can't.  There will be more interest in that than in CD - how will that be a good thing?

I really disagree. I couldn't imagine the world being more interested in an AFD re-record with Axl, Robin, Paul, Tommy, Josh, and possibly Dizzy & Chris, than they are in 'some new' lineup of GN'R putting out their own studio material.

Board footer