You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Appetite '99

BLS-Pride wrote:

I might be the only one who doesn't want to hear this.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Arcade Roses wrote:

In reply to one of the earlier posts, I seem to remember it being said that a new 'Knocking on Heaven's Door' supposedly with Buckethead was out there, along with a version of 'Prostitute'.  The guy said he liked it ['KOHD'] so much that he "could not listen to the 1992 version anymore".

Just throwing that out there.

AR

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Interesting.

The re-record is supposed to feature Patience & You Could Be Mine as subtitutions for You're Crazy & Anything Goes.

I know i've fuckin' hated the new era version of KOHD. All the balls are gone, whether it's Bucket or Ron.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i've hated every version of KOHD except the '88 version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5wRW7I4Dqc

so I would love to hear a new version far removed from what the most recent versions have sounded like.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:
war wrote:

i've hated every version of KOHD except the '88 version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5wRW7I4Dqc

so I would love to hear a new version far removed from what the most recent versions have sounded like.

I have to agree with you on that one. They used to play that one on the radio a lot around here, after Appetite had run its course and before Lies came out. I was so excited to finally here the studio version when Days of Thunder came out, and when I did it was just... ehh... its' okay I guess. Adding reggae breakdowns and gospel singers just takes away from the sloppy raw perfection of the Ritz version.

Also, speaking of YouTube, can anyone tell me what version of Jungle is in this Rock Band clip - it's definitely not the Appetite version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd3E8zgqJM4

If you're not familiar with it, before the original Rock Band game was released in 2007, this promotional video was shown in and auditorium at a game developers conference or something, and the clip on youtube was shot with a camcorder in the crowd so the quality isn't the best. Even though Jungle didn't wind up on the finished Rock Band game, I could see Axl throwing his support behind RB because Slash was partnering with Guitar Hero. And seeing as how the game makers need separate master tracks for each instrument, wouldn't Axl have tried to give them his re-recorded versions? 

That would be another interesting possibility, too, that the re-recorded Appetite could be released as a full album Rock Band download.

huntermc wrote:

Also, speaking of YouTube, can anyone tell me what version of Jungle is in this Rock Band clip - it's definitely not the Appetite version

It's a cover.

In the end Welcome to the Jungle didn't even end up in Rock Band.

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Coma wrote:

i will love to have a 99 version of Mr Brownstone the drums played on live are awesome i always liked more the drums on it of Ferrer/Mantia than the ones of Adler/Sorum

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:
huntermc wrote:

Also, speaking of YouTube, can anyone tell me what version of Jungle is in this Rock Band clip - it's definitely not the Appetite version

It's a cover.

In the end Welcome to the Jungle didn't even end up in Rock Band.

Are you sure?  There's parts that clearly sound like Axl, even through the muddled sound and girl singing.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

Not a 100% sure but, WTTJ was originally slated for the original RB but ended up in GH 3. I think it (the RB youtube video) was the same master that appeared in GH 3.

Board footer