You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: What would the output of an Axl/Duff collaboration sound like?

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I would imagine it would sound like whatever Axl was into at the moment. I personally never thought Duff was too big of a creative influence.

I disagree. Duff brought a punk vibe to Appetite that wouldn't have been there with your typical L.A. metal bassist.

True enough I guess. You make a good point. I greatly dislike punk so that's probably why it's not front of mind for me.

I'm not a punk fan either but his bass lines on AFD kick all kinds of ass and it's because he's got a hybrid punk/hard rock thing going on throughout that album.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It would probably be in the So Fine/Could It Be You/10 Years vein. In other words, it would be good.

I'd also place this in the "lets wait until the CD vaults are empty before hearing this" category.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

It would probably be whatever axl wanted it to be regardless of what anyone else invovled wanted...I doubt there will be any collaboration between axl and duff, axl talks a lot of shit sometimes.

Sky Dog wrote:

He would let him play guitar. Then, he would mix him below the other 14 guitars on the track. Axl has dog ears I think.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
madagas wrote:

The last thing I would want to hear on this earth is an Axl/Duff collaboration. Loaded, Velvet Revolver, and Duff's solo albums are quite possibly the biggest piles of shit ever recorded in the history of rock and roll. Now, I guess if you had your lips velcroed to Duff's scrotum then maybe, just maybe, you would find it interesting. However, me personally, I would rather fuck a dead goat than be forced to listen to anything by Duff after 1991. 15

roll

Loaded's Wasted Heart EP is pretty damn good I think and I'd say I'm far, far , far from having my lips velcroed to Duff's scrotum.  In fact I didn't even know Duff had a side project going on untill I accidently stumbled upon it on youtube.

Sky Dog wrote:

Bono, it was a joke so you can roll your eyes all you want. You missed all the drama today because Neemo deleted most all of this assclown's posts.........J-O-K-E. But, in all honesty, I really don't like much of anything Duff has done since 1991...same goes for Slash. You have your opinion. I have mine.

Bono wrote:

Loaded's Wasted Heart EP is pretty damn good I think and I'd say I'm far, far , far from having my lips velcroed to Duff's scrotum.  In fact I didn't even know Duff had a side project going on untill I accidently stumbled upon it on youtube.

Yeah, I've enjoyed most of Duff's solo work. Next to Izzy, he probably released the best work post guns. I almost picked up Beautiful Disease on ebay last fall. $250 seemed a little pricey for a bunch of songs that I've never heard. Regardless, I'm sure it couldn't be any worse that Chinese.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I honestly don't think an Axl/Duff collaboration would be much different than the Chinese Democracy that exists.

I always assumed that when the two sides were drifting apart, Slash/Gilby was more interested in a classic rock sound, and Axl/Duff were going into the electronic/techno era.

Axlin08 wrote:

I honestly don't think an Axl/Duff collaboration would be much different than the Chinese Democracy that exists.

I always assumed that when the two sides were drifting apart, Slash/Gilby was more interested in a classic rock sound, and Axl/Duff were going into the electronic/techno era.

If any of them saw this vision of Axl's, it very well could have been Duff. But I think with Duff, it would have been a little more punk, and alot less of the whiney, synthesized, piano ballads. If they do collaborate, I'm really hoping it's guitar rock driven.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
madagas wrote:

He would let him play guitar. Then, he would mix him below the other 14 guitars on the track. Axl has dog ears I think.

16  Good one madagas...

Board footer