You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The Descent 2 in 2009

James wrote:

it was revealed that Jon Harris will helm The De2cent for Lionsgate with Christian Colson and Neil Marshall on hand as producers. Harris' editing credits include The Descent, Snatch, Layer Cake and many more. No other details have been revealed about the film thus far. In the first film a caving expedition goes horribly wrong, as the explorers become trapped and ultimately pursued by a strange breed of predators.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I loved The Descent, but I really don't see the need for a sequel. This would have been a great stand alone film. Now they're gonna kill it with sequels.

Fuck it, I'll watch it anyways, unless they change it to men instead of women.

I really didn't like this movie.

It just didn't hold my attention and I actually was pissed that alot of the scenes were in darkness, now granted they were underground but it got to be annoying all the flashes.

James

James wrote:

I thought it was pretty original. Definitely different than alot of the other stuff coming out of the horror genre last year. The genre needs films like this(love them or hate them) to prevent it from getting too stale.

I really liked the claustrophobic vibe of the film, and I thought it was interesting how its an all female cast. Thats a rarity in horror films. Those creatures were pretty creepy as well.

James

James wrote:

Update: We've learned that the screenplay for the sequel was written by James Watkins. We've discovered some interesting news over the past few days starting with the fact that Neil Marshall is NOT the writer of Pathe's The De2cent, although that is what the IMDB lists. In addition, we have also found out a little about the plot! In the sequel to Lionsgate's terrifying film, Shauna Macdonald's character of Sarah returns as a rescue crew finds her and takes her back into the cave to find survivors - where terror ensues once again. We've also been tipped that in the sequel you'll get to see "little" cave monsters in action. And lastly, there is a chance that Lionsgate may not distribute the sequel here in the States as Pathe is currently shopping the project around town. We'll keep you posted on any further developments.

Bloody Disgusting

Sounds like bullshit to me. The chick knows there are no survivors already because they are all dead(including Sarah in the original cut).

Fuck this.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Now that Neil Marshall has moved on to bigger things, hopefully he doesn't forget the genre that launched him like so many others (ahem James Cameron, Peter Jackson, Sam Raimi). Although Doomsday looks epically badass, I wish they'd stop mismarketing it as a Resident Evil-lite, ass kicking chick movie. Back to The De2ent, first off I'm really tired of that typographic gimmick. I'm not impressed so far. Marshall's involved in too limited a capacity, and unlike a sequel without its director like 28 Weeks Later, which itself had a talented crew behind it who delivered (to some) a superior film, this is really a step down. It's like something James said in another thread where we were talking about The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and I think it applies here. Here's a movie in The Descent that was designed as a stand-alone, and they're basically forcing a franchise out of it now. That never leads to good things.

James

James wrote:

This is out right now. Not a U.S. release yet, but it hit the torrents. Surprised at how little attention this is getting. Makes me wonder if this is a shit sandwich and they're just releasing it under the radar.

Gonna watch this tonight.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

How did you like this movie James?

The first one was a VERY welcome addition to the horror genre for my tastes and I'm hoping (against hope) that lightning in a bottle might happen twice.

James

James wrote:

I actually haven't watched this yet. I  have a backlog of films. Never finished Elm Street either.

It got terrible reviews though.

Board footer