You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Re: What were you rocking from '94-00?

Gunslinger wrote:

Nirvana, Tool, Filter, Megadeth, Smashing Pumpkins, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Mother Love Bone, STP, Ugly Kid Joe, Candlebox, Our Lady Peace, Jane's Additcion, Live, Mad Season, Danzig, Ozzy, NIN, Anthrax, White Zombie, The Cure, Machines of Loving Grace, The Verve

.....and Bush too! Breathe in breathe out, breathe in breathe out

Itchy GTR
 Rep: 5 

Itchy GTR wrote:

Aside from anything that came before G&R there really wasn't anything new as far as new artists that did anything for me. But if it was an artist like Ozzy or Pink Floyd who already put out great music released a new cd I'd go out and buy it. For me it seemed music took a huge left turn after G&R time period. I also decided to dive really deep into writing original compositions so that I can try to become a successful musician. So there was little time to listen or buy anything new from the next wave of artists. I'd hear a song or two on the radio but nothing really grabbed me. The last band that made any impact (as far as me) was Guns & Roses. That first album was it. The first time I saw the Welcome to the Jungle seemed to do to me what the Beatles did to people back in the early sixties. It was so truthful and cutting edge and relevant to waking people up to how we are being subjected to unjustice and lies from the government that it made your %$&* heart explode like an atomic bomb. Funny thing is. I still get that same feeling when I play Appetite. It still a relevant to today like Darkside of the Moon by Pink Floyd is still relevant. (That is why I'd like to tour with the new G&R. I'd support the music as well as the campaign behind Axl and his views on society. (Ha....we'd probably end up being best friends!!!!)  5:lol::peace:

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

A lot.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

and where are all the the 7mary3 and Cracker fans? 9

You mean where are all the one hit wonder fans.....

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

They're last album "Dis/Location" had a big regional hit here in Detroit called "Without You Feels".

I thought they were from Florida?

How about Sponge, from Detroit. Couple solid songs there, Plowed & Molly.

And HOOTIE!!!  5 9 5 3 322:beer::mosh::rock::beer:

Goo Goo Dolls were alright early on. Iris kinda was over the top power ballad wise, but some other good songs (Flat top, Black Balloon). Flaming Lips, Hum, Filter. Beatie Beastie Boys & Tribe Called Quest. Arrested Development, Dr Dre's Chronic.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

I rocked out to a little bit of everything back then,mostly hard rock/metal I got more into Metallica,I never liked Nirvana,but there were some good bands that came out back then

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I was listening to alot of Dre, Snoop and Ice Cube. Rock in those days fuckin' sucked.

It was post-grunge which was very shit. The regular rock acts I listened to was AIC, and Metallica's return in '96.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Dream Theater, Matchbox Twenty, Danzig, Megadeth, Savatage, L.A. Guns, Duncan Sheik, Ben Folds, Third Eye Blind. And the Journey reunion took a lot of time and effort in 1996, then solo Neal Schon and Jonathan Cain.

Board footer