You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: In Defence Of Brains Alleged "Robotic" Drumming On "Chinese Democracy"

AtariLegend wrote:

http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/ktklahti/ma … _horse.mp3

Thanks to "Satanisk_Slakt" of MYGNR...

I think that Matt Sorum's drumming is absolutely brilliant on the Illusion records. Hell, I even like Matt Sorum as a person.

That was funny, though.

And about Brain's so called "robotic" drumming... Those parts are played by a DRUM MACHINE.

The contributions are minor at most.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

wtf are up with that same drum line like a billion times lol. Sorum must have really liked that line.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I agree with Handsome B. Wonderful. Don't always be hatin' on Sorum.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

I mean I like sorum's drumming but wow lol. way to recycle.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I've said time and again Brain is a Sorum replacement. They both are talented 'technical drummers'.

If you want that rhythmic sound, that's why I think Frank has alot more in common with Steven, and I don't really understand why more people don't support him more.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I've said time and again Brain is a Sorum replacement. They both are talented 'technical drummers'.

If you want that rhythmic sound, that's why I think Frank has alot more in common with Steven, and I don't really understand why more people don't support him more.

Because he's the replacement for the replacement for the replacement for the replacement for the replacement.

In all seriousness, I really haven't gotten that either, but I don't get why people hate Sorum's drumming, so what do I know.  As far as I'm concerned, drummers are pretty much interchangeable.  Styles may be different, but how many songs are drums driven?  I don't even usually notice the drums tbh.  Even the greatest drummers are not household names unless they have a 2 mile long dick.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I like nearly all the drum on UYI, and I love the drums on Dead Horse. Cant think of any that I dont like actually, on a couple of songs mabye its pretty run of the mill stuff, but I've said it before, Matt was brought in at the last minute as a replacement and he stepped up to the plate and did a fucking great job.
I'm happy with Matts legacy in GNR and the drumming in Estranged are a highlight of the album for me.

His hair was a bit gay though 14

Board footer