You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: Nascar Commerial last night

slashsfro wrote:

This commercial has been on a while (since last month).  It's just a promo for espn for their NASCAR broadcasts.  They play the intro to Jungle for like 30 seconds.  It has nothing to do with a tour or reunion.

Itchy GTR
 Rep: 5 

Itchy GTR wrote:

What other commercials have they been using G&R songs for????

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Itchy GTR wrote:

What other commercials have they been using G&R songs for????

Harley
Burnout
GTA San Andreas
Just to name a few...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Itchy GTR wrote:

It was a Nascar commercial. But what I don't get is for the last ten years or maybe more I never saw any commercials using any G&R songs weather it was the original line-up; Illusion line-up or the current line up.
I know they have played a few in movies but never to promote a commercial for another corporation. lolo

NFL used to use the intro music of Locomotive before commercial breaks in the mid/late 90s. They also used Jungle, PC,etc., and when Kordell Stewart was a craze for a few years(he had the nickname "Slash"), they would even play Slash solo stuff.

GNR songs have been used in video game commercials, movie trailers, etc.

Jungle is played at every single sporting event. From major leagues down to the pee wee leagues.

NFL Sunday Night Football even used Scraped during its broadcast last year to promote the album.

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:

i'm not much of a nascar fan but i have seen that commercial quite alot. it is fuckin' cool and probably the coolest sports commercial out there but it has nothing to do with newgnr or a tour or anything other than it's a great song that gets alot of play in many sports arenas and commercials.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
skippy wrote:

I heard Welcome to the Jungle at a AA baseball game.

The tour is on!

I heard Welcome To The Jungle the other day played on the com at Angels Stadium, watching the Angels/Red Sox game.

I think something is brewing.

Board footer