You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Mixing "Guns N' Roses" LIve With Waves

AtariLegend wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I'm sensing a wave of complaints approaching.

There wasn't one complaint in this thread

Olorin wrote:

Oh right, watched the first video and its all about Sweet Child lol roll

Olorin wrote:

Is that Richard now playing the solos? I wasnt impressed at all to be honest, even with that short clip I could hear someone struggling.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
Olorin wrote:

That was self deprication bawbag, I watched the opening of the first video and then told everyone that sounds like new gnr playing sweet child!

Olorin

Olorin wrote:
Olorin wrote:

even with that short clip I could hear someone struggling.

Thats just stating a fact. 15

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Olorin wrote:

Olorin wrote:

Is that Richard now playing the solos? I wasnt impressed at all to be honest, even with that short clip I could hear someone struggling.

To be perfectly honest, you aren't helping detract from any negativity with posts like this but only adding to it, when there honestly wasn't any complaining here to begin with.  It's just splitting hairs. 

I don't really see how saying Fortus is struggling with a guitar part is negative... especially when compared to all the live shows we've heard him in.  16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Olorin wrote:

Olorin wrote:

Two jokes is a "wave of complaints"? You take everything too seriously here. All the other sites(where they truly are complaining) get a free pass on your criticism, but you seem hell bent on pointing out less critical posts here.

Here's a random sampling of posts on this subject at another GNR site you post at...

That is the shittest SCOM solo I have ever heard.

Axl will throw a tantrum and blame the bad sound quality on the little man working the board. He will go on a tirade on stage and I'm sure Pooch will walk then. He is just another member of the big revolving door of GnR.

Keep rehearsing .

The actual playing on the brief parts of the solos that I heard were pretty fucking terrible

Nine people on stage seems like one giant cluster fuck of sound

The solo sounds awful

Wow dont know who's playing the solo, but he definitely needs some more rehearsing, Yikes.

Why are you giving that site a free pass on complaints? Those complaints(and the wave that will follow them) are much harsher than anything being said here.

I'm not interested in douching up this thread with off topic shit, but I'd appreciate a PM on why you hold this site to such a different standard than the other sites you post at.

For how long this saga has went on and the various highs, lows, and absurdities we've witnessed over the years, its amazing you cant chuckle at a line like "even with that short clip I could hear someone struggling".

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

that was really cool and informative ... thanks atari....do we think that that is a promo for the software or for the gnr tour? gotta be for the software cuz he mentions linkin park as much as gnr

as for them struggling with the guitar parts...i dont think so they've divied the peices up into 3 players so when you only hear one you're not hearing the whole thing as it should be...far right is bumble, centre stage is richard and the last guy is gotta be DJ takin over robins place on stage

as for him not knowing hte names...maybe he was keeping it vague on purpose the vid is for the software not the band

do we know how old that vid is? he said rehersals for another month or so

anyway i cant wait for somethign to actually happen thatll bea good day smile

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

I'm not as confident it was Brain now, those drums have a distinctive Chinese Democracy sound, thats what made me think Brain. I would say Brain over Frank, Franks sound has a deeper resonance than Brains kinda solid snap. I dunno squat about drumming though, but I've sensitive hearing.
I've said since I first heard it, that Frank takes over drumming on IRS during the verse "feeling like I've done way more than wrong" , then it goes back to Brain at the chorus until the end of the song. I actually asked Frank this at mygnr, hopefully he will confirm or deny.

Surely both drummers have a prefered set up, how will that work on tour?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Surely both drummers have a prefered set up, how will that work on tour?

How did it work in 06? Specifically when Frank took over for Brain right after Inland Invasion? Was there a huge difference? I did not watch many boots from that tour so I have no idea.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

he means as far as a physical drum setup if both guys are playing different songs on the same night

maybe one guy uses 2 bass and roto toms and the other uses a high hat a bass drum and floor toms ...ect etc

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Aye, I mean both playing on the same night.

I can understand Axls dilema, Brains probably my favourite drummer ever but when I seen them live Frank was a standout performer to me. He had an Adler like enthusiasm and charm, and was very interactive with the audience. He fucking loved being up there and he showed it. How do you let one of these people down and say, no I want this guy over you.

Board footer