You are not logged in. Please register or login.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Mixing "Guns N' Roses" LIve With Waves

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

This is a good video and strengthens my hopes for a tour this year, now make sure you get yourselves to Ireland pronto.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Olorin wrote:

bawbag

Lets keep the insults to a bare minimum please.

he means as far as a physical drum setup if both guys are playing different songs on the same night

Aye, I mean both playing on the same night.

Still doesn't change my initial point. The switch from brain to Frank happened quickly. How different were the drum set ups? I only listened to a few audio boots from that tour, and the only video footage I watched(that I remember) was Hammerstein, Rio, and Inland Invasion.

This is a good video and strengthens my hopes for a tour this year, now make sure you get yourselves to Ireland pronto.

I don't think its a question of if there's a tour, its more a question of where and when. 5

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Olorin wrote:

bawbag

Lets keep the insults to a bare minimum please.

he means as far as a physical drum setup if both guys are playing different songs on the same night

Aye, I mean both playing on the same night.

Still doesn't change my initial point. The switch from brain to Frank happened quickly. How different were the drum set ups? I only listened to a few audio boots from that tour, and the only video footage I watched(that I remember) was Hammerstein, Rio, and Inland Invasion.

I don't think its a question of if there's a tour, its more a question of where and when. 5

As long as they come within 8 hours driving range of me, I'm happy as a pig in shit. 

Hell, I'd even fly to Cali this year to see them!  I can stay with you right James? 16

James

James wrote:

As long as you bring plenty of drugs.....

a few pints of Ben & Jerry's wouldn't hurt either....

Seriously though, if they play Frisco, the Evo members in this region(me, Brokenglassncigs, you, Rex, and any lurkers here) should definitely meet up before the show.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Dunno about the drum sets, I just figured 2 professionals would have distinctive tastes and differing equipment. I wouldnt be suprised if Frank hadnt got a few endosement offers after CD, prior to that in 06 he might just have used Brains equipment since he was a temp.

Other point noted.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

maybe they will just have two kits...and then each can be miked separately cuz frank hits them harder than brain so all the levels wont be fucked if they switch out hmm who the fuck knows whats gonna happen 16

James

James wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Dunno about the drum sets, I just figured 2 professionals would have distinctive tastes and differing equipment.

No doubts there.

Anyone got pics of these guys with their drum sets?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Brain
dyq1kl.jpg

Frank
zvzifk.jpg

so yeah pretty significant differences

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

GNR concerts start in a flurry, 4 or 5 songs in quick succession. After that there are longer pauses between songs, I guess the roadies would have time enough to swap certain things over and adjust positions.

The more I think about it, the more I think they will just use the drums prefered for CD for the whole show. After all, that clip of Sweet Child had the CD sounding drums.

James

James wrote:

How about a double decker drum kit? 14

Board footer