You are not logged in. Please register or login.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: GN'R win 411 Music March Mayhem Tournament

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I know its not groundbreaking stuff but still i think its cool.

http://www.411mania.com/music/columns/1 … er-Is….htm    3

If its already been posted or is not news worthy feel free to remove.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

GNR vs Metallica is a bit predictable. I hope thats not the final match up in our tournament.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

True, but its nice to see them do well on a non GN'R site.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

GNR vs Metallica is a bit predictable. I hope thats not the final match up in our tournament.

all the gnr and metallica songs are all on the same side smile so that wont be the final...gnr/met will be a quarter final at best in our tourney wink

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

all the gnr and metallica songs are all on the same side smile so that wont be the final...gnr/met will be a quarter final at best in our tourney wink

Shows I'm not paying attention. 14 I hadn't checked the bracket since downloading. Just noticed a lot of odd match ups. Didn't really want to analyze it because I wanted a bit of a surprise.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

There was a battle of best albums a few weeks back on WCCC in CT and the final was AFD vs. Master of Puppets.  I called in and voted for Guns, but Metallica won.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Didn't really want to analyze it because I wanted a bit of a surprise.

sorry hmm

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

There was a battle of best albums a few weeks back on WCCC in CT and the final was AFD vs. Master of Puppets.  I called in and voted for Guns, but Metallica won.

Which is lame, because AFD shits all over Puppets, and Puppets is one of the definitive metal albums.

CD is better than Death Magnetic too, in case anyone was wondering.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I love CD and Death Magnetic...can't even get into what is better because they are so different. DM is awesome when you need riff based killer guitar licks and to bash your head to drums in that "fuck yeah" kinda way. It's just great at what it does. But then Chinese is an amazing album to me on so many levels...such deep songs that touch me and whatever else. I love guns and metallica! Each is for a different mood, but each hits the spot exactly.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

See I thought DM was a big improvement of Shit Anger, but even still, the comparisons to Justice for me were just mind-blowing. I don't see how DM is the proper follow up to Justice, but that's just me.

I think what gives DM arguing points vs. CD as they were once again, both GN'R & Metallica releases in the same year, is that DM has more catchy stuff like The Day That Never Comes and Cyanide, that are catchy, and stick with you.

CD is a richer album, with no real catchy songs, which is why I think the casual listerner kind of passes over it, in comparison to DM. But in reality, CD is the better album, definitively to me. Half of DM to me is by the numbers. CD is solid from start to finish. Are there lesser songs than others? Yes. But like AFD, it's a solid listen from start-to-finish, it just doesn't have any catchy songs.

Board footer