You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: GN'R May Announce Dates Soon

Axl S wrote:

Ever since the release of the long-delayed "Chinese Democracy" last year, things have been pretty quiet from the Guns N’ Roses camp. Singer Axl Rose has done almost no promotion for the album and while sales weren’t bad (it was certified platinum in February), I’m sure everyone was expecting a bit more from a record that’s been in the making for over a decade.

But all is not lost and guitarist Richard Fortus believes the band will be making more of a splash in 2009. Speaking to the St. Louis, Missouri radio station KDHX 88.1 FM, he says, "I've been in rehearsals with [Guns N’ Roses] for the last little bit here - focusing more on that world right now… We, hopefully, will be announcing dates soon, I hope.

"I don't know of any dates in the U.S. yet; I haven't heard any talk. I'm sure that we will," he adds. "Right now that's not where the focus is; I know that we're gonna be probably announcing other dates first."

As previously reported, "Chinese Democracy" was released as downloadable content for the Rock Band video game franchise earlier this month. Fans can purchase the songs as a whole album or individually on the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and Wii consoles. Wii owners, however, will only be able to buy the tracks individually.

Report by David Lowe-Bianco

Source: Ultimate Guitar

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

cool...confirmation from a band member that rehearsals are happening for sure big_smile thats good news ... i know there have been hints about it but i dont think anyone else in the band has actually confirmed yet...my appologies if i'm wrong smile

sucks that they arent concentrating on North America sad to be expected i suppose with the sales figures hmm

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

I hear Argentina then Chile then Brazil to kick off the tour in September.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

So much for the US summer stadium tour then. Anyway good news hopefully we get some dates soon.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Just what's already been said by Axl, Ron, Tommy (I think)...

They 'may' tour. 16

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

But this time it's from Dick's mouth. He always knows the score wink

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Just what's already been said by Axl, Ron, Tommy (I think)...

They 'may' tour. 16

"may" "hopefully"

These are words that set my toes a tappin'

Hey be positive. They didn't say "soon"

They will tour. It's only a matter of time.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

We, hopefully, will be announcing dates soon, I hope.

I love this guy's confidence.

I know one thing....

If something doesn't get announced soon, he'll be back on tour with Rihanna. Her tour is going to get back on track soon, and there isn't any "hopes" about it.

I hear Argentina then Chile then Brazil to kick off the tour in September.

In hindsight, when a "stadium tour" was mentioned, we all should have assumed it would be in that neck of the woods and not here. It just wasn't feasible anywhere but south of the border.

Board footer