You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Re: Predators (2010)

Mike wrote:

Writer Tapped For 'Predator' Reboot

Bloody-Disgusting got the scoop that Alex Litvak is currently penning the new draft of Predators that's to be produced by Robert Rodriguez's Troublemaker Studios for 20th Century Fox. Litvak recently wrote Medieval for New Regency. The reboot to the classic 80's action/horror flick Predator is being penned as a "sequel" and will follow a team of commandos who face down a mysterious race of vicious monsters. The project is on fast-track for a July 9, 2010 release. No word yet on who will be directing as Rodriguez is now said to not be getting behind the camera.

Source: Bloody-Disgusting

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Sounds dumb. I would have preferred a straight up remake. The story of commandos stumbling upon an alien while on a mission is much more realistic than some action packed flick of people facing down a bunch of them.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

the series has been shit since the first movie

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Sounds dumb. I would have preferred a straight up remake. The story of commandos stumbling upon an alien while on a mission is much more realistic than some action packed flick of people facing down a bunch of them.

That's not a remake then.

Even though Arnold and his team were not aware of what they were facing, Carl Weathers was perfectly aware.

This thing basically says it's Predator 3, so it's only a natural progression that it's time for a face off between soldiers and multiple Predators.

Neemo wrote:

the series has been shit since the first movie

I highly disagree with this. I have never understood the hate Predator 2 gets. Maybe because it does more of a police drama thing with it, but it's a solid film. The original Predator is a classic, and even though Predator 2 isn't 'classic' territory, it's a great sequel, and Danny Glover shockingly served as a good serious action lead, even if he was just playing a darker Murtaugh.

Now that AvP series - yes, sucked, very much.

As for Predators, I know this probably won't happen, and will piss people off, but in my eyes, the most perfect lead for this is actually... Sam Worthington from T4 imo. I could easily see him being the leader of the commandos.

I just hope they bring back Alan Silvestri for the music, who did those great scores.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I thought Danny Glover was pretty good in Predator 2.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Mike wrote:

Bloody-Disgusting got the scoop that Alex Litvak is currently penning the new draft of Predators that's to be produced by Robert Rodriguez's Troublemaker Studios for 20th Century Fox.

Rodriguez himself wrote a draft titled 'Predators', about ten or so years ago. If memory serves me right, it included a Predator who was discovered crucified on a desolate planet, meaning there was to be something rather vicious going on.

In an interview with Moviehole back in 2004, Rodriquez discussed the "Predator 3" script he had written, "Oh, "Predators", yes we're the "Predator 3", it's call "Predators." It was back when I was doing "Desperado." I wrote "Desperado," it was going to get made like end of September, and then "Last Action Hero" bombed, so they said we're not making any movies for a year, like next year. So I was like what am I going to do until then? So I took a writing assignment, and one of the writing assignments that was out was "Predator" sequel."

---

"The heroes go to the Predator planet - a breeding ground for species from other planets - and the Predators hold gladiator-like games. Since I knew I wasn't going to be doing, I just went for it - a $150-million dollar bloodfest with a gigantic Jean-Claude Van Damme/Arnold Schwarzenegger celebrity death match at the end."

Why bring the script to life now, after all this time?

Well a source tell us this: Rodriguez's old script was indeed picked up and dusted off by Fox, so the "reboot" term sorta seems relative. Presumably the studio finally decided to dust off and use his old script as a jumping off point because a) they're out of ideas, b) someone asked aloud, "what money-making properties do we own that we can do a 'reboot' on now that reboots are in fashion and now trusted and approved by the geeks?"

- http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2009/01 … obert.html

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

It's probably not a great idea, any franchise who has gotten worse each film (the best Predator being the 1st, the 2nd being Predator 2, then AVP, then AVPR) should probably be laid to rest. This (like AVP2) won't get enough budget investment to make it good, so itll be doomed to make a small profit while being a medium-bad movie.

I really don't see what there is to do with this. A story told on the Predator home planet would either be crazy expensive, or a stupid gimmick. The only great story to tell with these undoubtedly awesome creatures is the first movie's story, and a re-make or rehash isn't needed because Predator isn't dated yet.

That all being said, I'm sure I'll see it at its midnight premiere.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree with the budget. If they do this on a Predator home planet, it'd have to have a huge budget, and like James fuckin' Cameron behind the camera to do it right.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Its just the industry running out of original ideas.  Not that sequels/remakes are a bad thing.  Soimetimes they are (butterfly effect)

myillusions
 Rep: 5 

myillusions wrote:

Predator was the best!
Predator 2 was absolutely horrible and a tragedy as a sequel.
AVP was watchable and had some good parts.
AVP: Requiem was highly disappointing.
Predators could be good if done right but I simply have no faith in Hollywood with all the garbage that comes out of that place on a weekly basis. Nor do I like Robert Rodriguez films.

Board footer