You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

Re: More new Buckethead coming

bucketfan wrote:

Hey guys.
Well he's gone and released another CD.  Tour only for the moment.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forensic_Follies

Number 3 for this year.

I'm looking forward to this one, the Bucket/Monti collaboration is getting better with each release!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

He needs to cool it. This 'album a week' stuff gets old. Just cherry pick the best material and release a few albums a year. He should also concentrate on trying to get backed by a major label.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

There's no way the average fan of Bucket is gonna be able to keep up and buy all his CDs. No one has enough money. I backup what James says as well, he needs to get backed by a major label.

If it's good I see no reason why not to like the fact that he releases albums after albums frequently.

And he needs to "get his ass" overseas so I can see him!

If I ever travel to the US I will make sure to combine it with a Buckethead show or two.

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:

Somehow I don't think he wants a major label James.  It would be cool though.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

Give it a day or two and it'll show up on torrents like Albino Slug did.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I think GNR ruined him for the major label/do-it-the-expected-way bit.

I just wished he spent more time on his albums. Some recently have sounded the same/rushed/uninspired, except for a Real Diamond In the Rough, which is damn near a masterpiece along the lines of Colma and Population Override.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

It's no wonder Bucket left GNR. He's the total antithesis of Axl/GNR when it comes to creating and releasing albums.

I haven't listened to much of his solo stuff, but if the quality doesn't match the quantity it might be a good idea to ease up a little.  Ultimately though, that's up to Bucket.  If he feels like releasing an album a couple times a year, then god bless him.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree with Faldor. The more albums the better. Fans can always make custom mixes of certain years if they want too.

Bucket's output, makes Slash, Duff & Izzy look like Axl.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

I think Bucket would benefit from focusing on narrowing down his range and improving the quality of his releases, but at the same time, I do like him putting everything out there. Both have cool aspects to them.

Board footer