You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: More new Buckethead coming

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

Meh. Hes had more albums than Ive had lays at this point

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I try to download some of this stuff, but I just get lost in the jungle of it. I have no idea where to start. I have gotten some overview now and I've downloaded some major masterpieces and some crappy shit.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

What style do you like DCK?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Using the name Death Cube K, I figured you had it all. 14

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Using the name Death Cube K, I figured you had it all. 14

I figured the same. Unless the DCK is a coincidence?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

He didn't know Bucket was in DCK. 16

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

What Buckethead albums does Brain play on?

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

What style do you like DCK?

I love Electric Tears, Colma.

But what I prefer Bucket-wise is the melodic soloing. Soothsayer, Nottingham Lace, Jordan. That sort of stuff. Monsters and Robots was the first album I got almost 10 years ago and I never liked it much.

DCK just kind of got stuck to me. Wasn't on purpose or anything. Used to have it over at some other forum for another band and just went with it.

He didn't know Bucket was in DCK.

Smartass bucket

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

If you like Colma + Electric Tears, you should get A Real Diamond in the Rough immediately.

I also would get Population Override. Acoustic Shards veers more toward Electric Tears territory, but even more stripped down.

For more mellower stuff along the lines of Colma but more funky, I would get Thanatopsis' Axiology and Anatomize, and if you like those get the self titled.

Others to consider in this non-shredding genre are Chicken Noodles I and II plus Dragons of Eden. A darkhorse favorite of mine is Running After Deer.

For the more melodic soloing in the vein of Lace and Soothsayer are Elephant Man's Alarm Clock, Crime Slunk Scene, Pepper's Ghost and Decoding the Tomb of Bansheebot.

You should alreay have Praxis' Transmutation. If not, get it first.

That should get you started. There are about 50 more I could list, but they fall out of your specifications.

Board footer