You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Eminem gets all up in that ass

-D- wrote:

Rumor is Nick Cannon produced the Award show and Em dissed him and Mariah on his new album.

Em had NO idea.

He wouldn't do shit like this.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Its staged. Watch the vid again. Both make sure to get the "money shot" for the camera. If he had moved quicker it wouldn't have even happened. He knew the dipshit was gonna land on him. The whole crowd sees it happening before he lands. Both have to be willing participants for the incident to go down the way it did.

If this is real, so is professional wrestling and every reality show.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Eminem is actually one of the realest people in the music industry. He is no product, Axlin.

I think it was a set up and all parties knew about it.

Agreed on both fronts. 

There's no way that was real.  It screams fake.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Its staged. Watch the vid again. Both make sure to get the "money shot" for the camera. If he had moved quicker it wouldn't have even happened. He knew the dipshit was gonna land on him. The whole crowd sees it happening before he lands. Both have to be willing participants for the incident to go down the way it did.

Reality shows are indeed fake, and mapped out.

But pro wrestling can be dicey in the ACTUAL performance of it, just like with this stunt. Egotistical wrestlers have been known to change it up at the last minute, in order to sell it more to the audience, such as extra chair shots when there was an agreed number, weapon hits in places such as the head which were not agreed upon before the match, and heck a very publicized match once ended up with an entirely different winner and outcome than was agreed going into the stunt.

This very easily could've went "further" than what was agreed upon. Em seems to smile at the very beginning, 'til he gets his ass right down on his face, then he gets pissed. I'm thinking this was planned, and Cohen went further with it to Em's disliking.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Reality shows are indeed fake, and mapped out.

But pro wrestling can be dicey in the ACTUAL performance of it, just like with this stunt. Egotistical wrestlers have been known to change it up at the last minute, in order to sell it more to the audience, such as extra chair shots when there was an agreed number, weapon hits in places such as the head which were not agreed upon before the match, and heck a very publicized match once ended up with an entirely different winner and outcome than was agreed going into the stunt.

This very easily could've went "further" than what was agreed upon. Em seems to smile at the very beginning, 'til he gets his ass right down on his face, then he gets pissed. I'm thinking this was planned, and Cohen went further with it to Em's disliking.

Thats actually a pretty good theory. Like Em was expecting Bruno to hang & talk to him. Making fun of him or something, but like you said about wrestling, Cohen & the producers knew he would fall into him ass first.

russtcb wrote:

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/06/ … d:+Sources

Eminem/Bruno stunt at MTV Movie Awards was staged, sources say
Jun 1, 2009, 08:32 PM | by Adam B. Vary
Categories: Music, News, Television

Eminem-MTV-Bruno_l Sources close to MTV and Sacha Baron Cohen tell EW that the infamous stunt on the show between Eminem and the Bruno star was staged, with Eminem's consent and participation. The sources confirm rampant speculation that the rapper simply must have known that the comedian, dressed in a thong and angel's wings as his flamboyantly gay alter ego Bruno, would fall from a high-wire harness onto the rapper's lap and straddle his face.

Meanwhile, comedy writer Scott Aukerman, who says he was the head comedy writer for the awards show, also claims on his blog that "the Bruno/Eminem incident was staged," explaining "they rehearsed it at dress and yes, it went as far as it did on the live show."

MTV and Eminem have had no comment.

Coverup. 16  MTV needs Eminem, and he probably threatened to alienate them, not give them videos, diss the channel etc.

j/k, who knows. I gotta admit Sasha Baron Cohen got a huge jump of anticipation & publicity on this one though. He certainly got the better end of the schtick's publicity. I'm more interested in seeing this movie now.  Could be really funny & uncomfortable like Borat.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Eminem-Bruno stunt on MTV was planned
MTV Movie Awards writer Scott Aukerman admits incident was staged
The Associated Press
updated 7:49 p.m. ET, Tues., June 2, 2009

The head writer for the MTV Movie Awards has settled the debate: the stunt involving Sacha Baron Cohen and Eminem at the MTV Movie Awards was completely planned.

Comedy writing veteran Scott Aukerman wrote in a posting on his blog that the incident was staged and rehearsed in advance.

At Sunday’s award show, Baron Cohen appeared in character as his gay fashionista Bruno. He fell on top of Eminem after being suspended above the crowd. The rapper appeared to find little humor in the stunt and stormed out.

Speculation was rampant over what was and wasn’t real. Baron Cohen, Eminem and MTV have yet to comment on it.

Aukerman’s posting has since been removed. His manager didn’t immediately return a call Tuesday.

© 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31053788/

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I saw a trailer for Bruno when I attented Terminator 4 a couple weeks ago. It looks funny, but it seemed a bit more 'staged' I guess would be the word. Not as spontaneous as Borat. Still looked funny as hell.

As for Eminem, I guess he's got a sense of humor. I wouldn't have done it. Hard to believe a man who just returned with a 600k #1 return to the biz, would allow himself to be humiliated like that on national TV.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Well it got his name all over the press and his album just sold another 200K and remained at number one. It was a joke and I don't think he was humiliated. Anyone have a sense of humor anymore?

"Sacha [Baron Cohen, a.k.a. Brüno] called me when we were in Europe and he had an idea to do something outrageous at the Movie Awards. I'm a big fan of his work so I agreed to get involved with the gag," Em said. "I'm thrilled that we pulled this off better than we rehearsed it. It had so many people going 'nuts,' so to speak. Everyone was blowing me up about it."

Asked where he went after he stormed out of the theater, Eminem said, "After the ceremony I went back to my hotel and laughed uncontrollably for about three hours. Especially after I saw it on-air."

Board footer