You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Axl's fired and re hired Azoff 3 times in last 5 weeks!

Sky Dog wrote:

Syd didn't have a posse around him like Elvis and Axl. Michael Jackson is also WAY more eccentric than Elvis was. But, I would say Axl is a semi cross between the two (Elvis and Syd). 18

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Axl is nowhere near big enough to be compared to Elvis.  His posse may tell him he is, but he isn't.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Who wants anything to do with an Axl Rose album at this point?  Even if he had that album, is he going to promote it?  Is he going to tour?  Will he show up for the tour? 

I don't think it's a leap.  Axl has shown that he won't even support the mythical album that was supposed to define his GnR.

Well like I said, the approach has to be different or the results will be the same. Releasing an album and posting about Slash isn't gonna get the job done. People interested in Slash listen to old GNR, VR, and other shit. He's barking up the wrong tree whining about Slash. If he'll ever join the 21st century he can have a good second act to his career.

You cant just boldly state that if he has good material no one is gonna care about it. If its good and he focuses on it, he's back. Not at the top of the mountain of course, but that shouldn't even be a goal.

Do you think anybody is going to believe Axl when he says "no really, I'll do it right this time" when talking about releasing this imaginary album?  The record company wants nothing to do with him.  Promoters want nothing to do with him unless it's for a reunion, and honestly I don't know that any of them really want to do that (though someone would).  The fans don't want anything to do with him and aren't interested in his version of GnR.  Axl has burned too many bridges.  He fucked himself and now he has to live with the concequences.

It's not a leap.  Axl could legitimately have the 13 best songs ever created and there would be no audience for it.  That is a testimony to how sad this situation is.  Axl isn't a musical genius and he's possibly the most out of touch musician today.  He has no grasp on reality at all.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Acquiesce wrote:

If Axl actually has some sort of mental problem (I'd wager a  kidney that he does) then it's quite possible Azoff realizes his behavior is a symptom of that illness and is patient with him. I'd bet this happens more often than we realize with celebs. They are often off in their own little worlds.

Agre4ed. But why would Azoff hang on to Axl?  Is GnR CD really that marketable??  Would a CD tour really be that sucessful??  Has he heard stuff in the vaults which blow what was released on CD away & knows that can be a big album..  Or, is he possibly envisioning a reunion down the line?!  Why keep this band as a client?!  The name has value, but does the current album or lineup?!  I would think a power-broker like him could easily drop him and still have plenty of big clients to work with.  It'd be like Drew Rosenhaus working with Michael Vick or PacMan Jones. Better off dropping them, wouldn't be a huge loss, why tarnish your name or put up with the BS.

A GnR reunion is that marketable.  This has nothing to do with the joke that GnR is now and has everything to do with the ONLY place where the big money is involved.  Nobody can save new GnR.  Not Azoff, not Axl, not BH, not DJ, etc.  There is no interest in this band at all regardless of who is in it. 

The only interest is in the reunion and when or if it's going to happen.  Maybe a few board nutcases care about the other stuff, but there aren't enough of them to make a difference.  Even if Axl had an album of the 13 greatest songs written in the history of the world ready to be released today, there aren't enough people interested in hearing it.  CD had to be a success and it wasn't.  If the album people were waiting 15 years for flopped, there's no way another album that nobody's waiting for has any chance of succeeding.  It is really that simple.

Azoff knows all of this.  He's not an idiot.  In his mind, he has to be hanging on for the reunion.  The only other possiblity is that he knows Axl isn't going to be doing anything anytime soon, so he can collect free money for doing nothing.  That's not a bad gig if you can get it.  Either way, he has no interest in this band doing anything.

Agreed. When the man behind the legend doesn't give enough of a damn to support the album, why should we?

I still think UMG is going to blackball new Guns and demand reunion or nothing else. They've got their money back, and don't need Axl's new band. They can just make money, probably more so, off the back catalog. They have the time and funds to wait Axl out, and so does Azoff. The only one with no hand left to play in the poker game is Axl. It's just a matter of waiting and seeing how long it takes him to realize that.

Unfortunately I don't think he gives a shit. He's perfectly content with forgetting CD ever existed, and going out with his solo act, and doing cash grab tours under the name "Guns N' Roses" every few years. I don't think it's a stretch at all for it to remain 'business as usual' for him.

The only difference is he's not going to have the curious fans anymore. They're gone because the album tanked artistically to many who were waiting. The promoters will be gone, because he's too risky, and new Guns is virtually impossible to market in the states. And more than likely, more band members will leave and be replaced, further alienating more new era GN'R fans.

If he doesn't warm up to the idea of a reunion, his career his finished, if it's not already. I'm sorry, but i'm with Buzz on the new material. Nobody gives a fuck, besides us. New Guns is finished, and they know it. Axl could have Appetite II in his hands, and it's not going to save this ship. The ship isn't completely sunk, but it's under water, and the best anyone can do is get the fuck off of it before it goes down further, and everyone drowns.

Sky Dog wrote:

A bit dramatic...and Axl has the ace in the hole partner. He owns the name and everything and anything to do with the brand Gnr runs through him.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, but nobody cares about it, except reunion lobbyists and us dweebs. No way is just owning the name an 'ace'. Maybe a high card to play, but not an 'ace' anymore. He needs the pieces to go with that ace to make it worth anything. 21

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Do you think anybody is going to believe Axl when he says

It doesn't matter what anybody believes. Action speaks louder than words. If he ever decides to take action like other artists, this Scooby Doo forum mystery bullshit is irrelevant.

Did Cornell fans spend years wondering what would happen? No, he just kept kicking their asses with release after release. Ditched Audioslave, and just as their fans were starting to question what happened and what went wrong right before the Audioslave boards shut down, he's already got an album on store shelves.

Like I said, action speaks louder than words. A prolific phase would do wonders and make this Chinese shit a distant memory.

He doesn't have to sell 10 million albums to be relevant. All he needs is a good album with one killer single and he's back in the game. Then he can capitalize on that.

I'm not saying any of this will happen. It most likely will not happen. However, the opportunity is there(its always been there) if he wants it.

Sky Dog wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Do you think anybody is going to believe Axl when he says

It doesn't matter what anybody believes. Action speaks louder than words. If he ever decides to take action like other artists, this Scooby Doo forum mystery bullshit is irrelevant.

Did Cornell fans spend years wondering what would happen? No, he just kept kicking their asses with release after release. Ditched Audioslave, and just as their fans were starting to question what happened and what went wrong right before the Audioslave boards shut down, he's already got an album on store shelves.

Like I said, action speaks louder than words. A prolific phase would do wonders and make this Chinese shit a distant memory.

He doesn't have to sell 10 million albums to be relevant. All he needs is a good album with one killer single and he's back in the game. Then he can capitalize on that.

I'm not saying any of this will happen. It most likely will not happen. However, the opportunity is there(its always been there) if he wants it.

karma....agree..almost posted that one hot single and a tiny bit of effort, he's back in the game. He will always get a ton of media attention so that will never be an issue.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
misterID wrote:

^^ Which is why its so strange we have not heard from Beta.

I don't want to hear from Beta, or anybody like that. That's part of the problem, not the solution. The moment the various hangers on seized control of the steering wheel in the mid 90s, it stopped being anything resembling a band. I doubt that was a coincidence.

The further away those types are from the situation, the better. Would be amazing if something resembling normalcy could be reestablished and Axl's career get back on track.

I'm not attacking Beta or anybody like that. If her(or anyone) helped Axl through some personal issues, that's great. However, they always should have remained in the background and never given any kind of public role. Its only surprising to the blind that such a situation would lead to disaster. You had Beta for years telling people they weren't fans and that GNR didn't need them(how smart), Fernando acting like he's part of the band, and its obvious the official site was being run by one of those jokers because those official postings on the GNR site were horribly written, and not by any professionals.

All these hands hovering near the GNR cookie jar need to be removed. If I never see another post from those people, I'll consider it a baby step in the right direction. People who have nothing to do with GNR should have no say in its fate.

Axl could have easily had a career like Cornell did post Soundgarden. Didn't happen obviously, and hopefully its not too late.

Oh, I agree with you totally. What I'm saying is that usually she would be right there on mygnr calling this a lie and everyone idiots. But nothing... That says something...

You'd have to throw Del into that, too.

Sky Dog wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Yeah, but nobody cares about it, except reunion lobbyists and us dweebs. No way is just owning the name an 'ace'. Maybe a high card to play, but not an 'ace' anymore. He needs the pieces to go with that ace to make it worth anything. 21

true....but, I was referring to his career in general. He doesn't ever have to do anything ever again and he still has a "career" solely due to the back catalog and the other Chinese material he has in the tank. He can always release the rest of the material as a solo act and it will still sell decently to a hard core Axl fanbase. He can do nothing and live off the back catalog sales. Now, new Gnr has no cards to play...I'll give you that.:o

Board footer