You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: New AIC Album Sept 29

metallex78 wrote:

I have only listened through once, and I thought there was some good stuff, and some stuff that was a bit... meh. Will give it a few more listens, but it definitely has some great moments in there. I don't think it's their best, but it's worthy of the AIC title.

Has anyone seen the latest video they have up on their myspace page?
It's an interview with all of them, and they're talking so seriously throughout about the heavy stuff they were going through while recording the album, all the while having Kiss makeup applied. And when they're done, they all head out to a laundromat together to do their washing...:haha:

Great to see they haven't lost their sense of humour. 22

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

wow - am pleasantly surprised so far - this sounds pretty amazing

you'd hardly know Layne was not present...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i've heard about 6-7 tracks off it...pretty decent so far 9

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

been listening to only softer tracks cuz ive been drivin with my girlfriend haha...

but your decision is a really great tune. loved it at first listen.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

Tyler your my hero man! Had the best night last night. Picked up a new guitar offa Craigslist, then came home to discover the cd in my inbox. And both sound AMAZING!

karma man.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I think people are reacting to this a lot like they reacted to the first song to come out, A Looking in View. Saying 'well, it's good but not memorable and no where near old AIC quality.' But I remember after a couple of weeks a lot of people had decided they loved A Looking in View. And I wouldn't be surprised if that happens with this album as a whole.

Of course it doesn't have a Them Bones or a Rooster or a We Die Young... but it competes with Tripod. Only God Am and Over Now would make me put Tripod ahead of BGWTB, and what makes God Am great is how cynical and dark and raw Layne is and obviously that is never going to return to the band's sound.

I think AIC had way greater success dealing with a huge loss to the sound than did other bands that have tried recently - Smashing Pumpkins, Blind Melon, GnR even.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

loving last of my kind...wish they featured duvall a little more

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm officially addicted to Private Hell.

I keep playing that song over and over and over. Fuckin' killer. 9

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I'm officially addicted to Private Hell.

I keep playing that song over and over and over. Fuckin' killer. 9

no shit.. it's already... one of my top 3 AIC songs ever... fucking. incredible. 5

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It's such a powerful tune, that in alot of ways it overshadows Black Gives Way To Blue, which comes on after.

Kind of like Catcher In The Rye coming on after There Was A Time, on CD.

Board footer