You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: New AIC Album Sept 29

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

every day i have a new favorite song on this record....
try not to over think the lack of layne... duff wasn't kidding.. this is the best rock record i've heard in ages.... i'll do a review after the release.. any AIC fan should ADORE this album... and the more i listen to it.. the more i love it.... even "when the sun rose again"... which i was completely indifferent to on the first listen.. now i sing it when i'm be-boppin around at work...

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Private Hell, Last of my Kind, Black Gives Way too Blue, and When the Sun Rose Again is what I am listening too. Giving the album a few listens. Those are my favorites at the moment. One of the best records in recent years for sure. They pulled off releasing something that can stand next to their previous works.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

i mean... christ... i already have the (shitty) new pearl jam record...wtf?

after actually LISTENING to backspacer..... i retract that statement...great record
but 4 stars in rolling stone? and 2 1/2 for BGWTB?

christ... that rag sucks

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Haven't listened to this yet. I'll download it tonight. Thanks tyler for hooking us up with that link. 5

Great that people here are loving this.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Honestly, after a few days of listening after the initial "wow, finally some new AIC!" has worn off, I don't think it's that great. Sure there are some standouts on there, but I reckon Jerry came up with more inspired music on his solo Degradation Trip double CD than what is on show here. In fact, some songs sound like Degradation Trip leftovers.

That said, I also love Private Hell. It has a Down In A Hole vibe to it, and I think it's probably the best song on there.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Jerry recently commented on his disappointment about the album leak. So for those of you that wanna show your support for the band, make sure to go out and buy it when it's released. I know I will be.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Some of my initial feelings...

All Secrets Known - The way that this song starts off the album reminds me of how they opened with Sludge Factory at a show I went too. Its not fast paced or fist pounding, but its a good introductory song. Sets the mood for the rest of the album, but outside of being a nice introduction, I don't think that the song amounts to much. Good classic Alice sound though.

Check My Brain - Catchiest song on the album easily. I don't really like the lyrical content of the chorus though. Great song for radio.

Last of My Kind - Best rocker on the album. William shines on this song. Great bridge.

Your Decision - Very "jar of flies". Catchy, emotional, mellow, one of my personal faves.

A Looking in View - Love the song. Period. Took a while to grow on me, but I feel its one of the best on the album.

When the Sun Rose Again - Only listened to this song once fully through. I'll give it an incomplete for right now but not overly impressed yet.

Acid Bubble - Kind of indifferent. I'll classify this with when the sun rose again. I get the feeling that it could be like a song along the lines of frogs, dirt, love hate love, that take a few good listens but then it becomes special. A Looking In View also had that effect.

Lesson Learned - Groovy little song. Crunchy, up-tempo rhythm. I like it.

Take Her Out - A very melodic song. Of all the songs on the album, this sounds the most like some of Jerry's solo work. I don't consider that a bad thing.

Private Hell - Excellent. Awesome. William shines again. Song gives you chills.

Black Gives Way To Blue - Short but powerful. The lyrics "Tomorrow's haunted by your ghost" and "Tomorrow's forcing a goodbye" are especially powerful and poignant in the context of the song.

Overall a very, very good album. Instant classic? No. One of the best of the year? Ya I'd put it there. Its a very complete album. I wish William got a little more room on this album, but its understandable why he is more of a complimentary part on this album.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Last of My Kind & Take Her Out are starting to grow on me. Originally I just said 'meh'.

As for RS giving this 2-1/2 stars...

If CD can get 4 stars, BGWTB should get like 90, and this is coming from a CD fan.

Board footer