You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Re: New AIC Album Sept 29

Furbush wrote:

slightly longer sample in here....

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Communist China wrote:

It was posted in a different AIC-related thread. Can't tell much from the teaser, other than that this re-union is being taken seriously. Hope we hear the full song sooner rather than later.

The music video is supposed to be up the 30th.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The teaser doesn't really reveal anything to be honest.

All it really says is, unlike Guns N' Roses, that Alice In Chains are serious about becoming a major player in the rock biz again.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=122629

The news in here is that apparently the official radio single will come in mid-August, and will be a track called 'Check my Brain'. Also they have two teasers for 'A Looking in View' there, one of which I hadn't seen. It still doesn't preview any vocals but certainly offers a little more, 30 seconds worth total, with perhaps the main riff in it. Sounds pretty cool, and heavy.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

That riff sounds great, and that short trippy lead guitar that comes in at the end sounds killer too. And it's so heavy too, probably the heaviest riffing I've heard from Jerry.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

http://www.last.fm/music/Alice+in+Chain … ng+in+View

Some details on a looking in view. over 7 minutes!

Communist China

It's on iTunes for sale and probably available in other places. I'm going to buy it and listen to it, I'm really pumped.

Communist China

This is really classic AIC. The style hasn't really changed at all, and it's a good song. Lots of those harmonies that set Alice apart from other grunge groups. It stays heavy and dark and it really sounds like Layne in spots, whether or not that's good is for you to decide.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

love it... a little slow but heavy as fuck for AIC
my wife hates it.. but fuck her...
i kinda wish the first song was a lil more... ummm.. "radio friendly" so that it would rip rock radio's fucking head off...
otherwise... the kid impresses me so far...this is gonna be a great record.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

according to communist china this isnt the official radio single for the album. apparently "check my brain" will be the official official single and that will come out in mid august. makes sense since the album drops in late september.

Board footer