You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Michael Jackson Discussion

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Oh no, I get that part. I'm just talking about how no one really knows which Jackson family members are gonna be there. No one really knows what artists are actually gonna show up, etc. You can't build an entire event off of Xtina, Cee-Lo and a taped Beyonce performance from weeks prior.

In my opinion, the only REAL MJ tribute that should've taken place would've been to honor him by doing the complete This Is It Concert ONCE and only once.

Back when they still had all the sets, dancers, lighting rigs, the whole shot. When they had the means to actually pull that show off once they way Michael wanted to do it.

IMO there are a handful of entertainers that could've stood in for Michael on each tune thus making it a star studded event (think JT, etc). THAT would've been a tribute to Michael and it would've carried out his last dream at the same time.

I agree with that. Because it was all ready to go at the time.

But MJ will be like Elvis and Lennon, people will be putting together "tributes" for years to come from officially released covers albums by B-list pop artists, to local acts at the county fair doing line dancing to Billie Jean.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

While I am not watching the trial, I watched a news segment earlier and that audio recording of him was chilling. He's so off the rails on a crazy train it didn't even sound like him. There aint no way in hell he was ever pulling off that ambitious string of shows. First night.... MAYBE but it would have imploded immediately.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree, and I said that exact thing to a friend earlier. They also showed a picture of him, and it pretty much vindicates what you and I had said when MJ died.

His fans were living in la la land when they watched that This Is It rehearsal. MJ looked horrible, was terribly emanciated, and this trial stuff is revealing more and more of that.

MJ was in horrible condition, and basically need Murray to keep him ALIVE to pull off these shows. I guarantee you, even if he could've pulled off a few shows without dying on stage, but that MJ at that point spent all of his time in a hospital bed, pumped full of drugs long enough to 'look decent' on stage for 2 hours, then it was probably back to a hospital bed for 2 days to recoup.

If it wasn't for Jackson's money, he basically died the same way Layne Staley did. Swallowed whole by drug abuse. It's obvious this had went on for years as Jackson eroded away.

I still see the whole thing as sad. I don't blame Murray other than being unethical. But MJ wasn't murdered. He was a drug addict. And this public perception that Jackson was somehow taken advantage of is a joke. He was an addict who surrounded himself by enablers, and it cost him his life. Simple as that.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Just checked it out.  Came across this too, seems a pretty rational view by a giuy with alot vested in this show when he speaks about possibly having to pull the plug on the tour.  The fact that was considered & his reading of the email makes it seem he was pretty out there & messed up.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

The whole thing is retarded. I love how the media "cares" for Michael now, and only a few years ago he was 'Wacko Jacko: Pedophile'.

Had an interesting discussion with my mother about the whole thing, who's been around medical treatment and strong drugs for most of my life.

She had the opinion that Jackson was an addict, but Murray took advantage of that and violated the code of ethics for Doctors, and that Murray is full on guilty of that and should be punished.

I still see Murray as a scapegoat for Michael's addiction, and all this celebration is nothing but a wake after a popular member of the tribe was butchered, so to speak.

Michael was an addict. Deal with it. Murray was nothing more than his connection. Plenty of other doctors exist for nothing but being connections to celebs. Corey Haim, Lindsay Lohan, Elvis, Slash, etc.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer