You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: When All Is Said And Done...

Axlin16 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

I reckon the endgame's in sight now - I think Velvet Revolver are almost certainly going to announce Franky Perez as their new frontman after the promo for Loaded and Slash's solo album is over and done with. In him, they've got a vocalist who can match Axl on the high notes (Scott's biggest weakness was that he just didn't have Axl's range). Hell, without Scott around, they might even get Izzy back in a songwriting capacity; IIRC it was Weiland who nixed most of the Izzy-written tracks on Contraband.

If Velvet Revolver has a frontman who can match Axl's vocal range, the reunion is, bluntly, never going to happen; they can concentrate on making their band into a brand that's as big as GN'R, rather than having to live with a vocalist who's less able than Axl, and deal with people wishing they had the Ginger Recluse back.

If Axl's not going to do anything, I wish this would happen.

I think it's probably in their best interest at this point, to just have Slash, Duff & Steven/Matt, and maybe Izzy, find a lead singer, similar, and do their own Guns N' Roses.

chicken_dinner
 Rep: 19 

the guys who responded to my post (too lazy to quote). so you guys actually say axl thinks the way he is doing it now is better to the gnr legacy according to axl? this helps gnr according to axl?

lol.

he knows the way he does it now is not the best for the band. not promoting it through the media pimps, not going on ellen, not appearing on american idol or what the fuck like your idol slash :B

axls doing it this way because hes had enough of it. he only wants to do promo if it is not media whoring. and without media whoring, you wont get far, although being a media whore doesnt get you it all either...ask slash or bas (and yes, they are media whores, like to hear it or not) :3

if axl started media whoring, cd could have been huge....could have if he sucked enough dick in the biz. then it would have been all over the place, shoved down everyones throat until they bought it, come hell or high water. he chose not to, except some small promos and without sucking the balls of the media pimps, he was out.

take scom, that song isnt that good. seriously, corny poprock. but because it was shoved down your throat 24/7 you got brainwashed by it and liked it, its sounds familiar to you, makes you remember some things that happened to you etc. so you think its amazing.

you think the music industry is about art, creativity or music? you really are that clueless and naive?

the biz is under such massive control, way more than 17 years ago. it is more of a brainwashing institute now than anything else. we (lets say, studio folk who record stuff), got even taught about the relationship between hypnotism and sounds to manipulate the listener and those things are all over hits.

ive been working in it for 7 years, done some work for known bands, and the 'bosses' who decide everything are the fakest, most pathetic, vilest creatures you will meet...no-talent fucks who got there because of their connections. and without whoring yourself out to these lowlife, dont expect hits.

so its easy sitting behind your pc tapping away about how axl should suck their dick and deal with them on a daily basis, give them more power over your art etc but you wouldnt do it too if you had some decency left in you.

'i wont ask of you, what i would not do'.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

SCOM is one of Axl's best pieces lyrically...

and the bass and guitar work are among the best gnr has to offer...

the song is brilliant, to say anything less is bizarre to say the least...especially from a GnR fan hmm

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I know, it was absolutely magical the first time I heard that song back in the 80's, I was jumping around my bedroom pretending to be playing it with my badminton racket. Nobody was force fed it, all we had back then was 4 standard TV channels (2 music show's per week!) and no cunting internet.
The song still sounds fresh today and the musicianship encourages kids to pick up guitars to emulate it. Brainwashed fuck all lol

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
chicken_dinner wrote:

the guys who responded to my post (too lazy to quote). so you guys actually say axl thinks the way he is doing it now is better to the gnr legacy according to axl? this helps gnr according to axl?

lol.

he knows the way he does it now is not the best for the band. not promoting it through the media pimps, not going on ellen, not appearing on american idol or what the fuck like your idol slash :B

axls doing it this way because hes had enough of it. he only wants to do promo if it is not media whoring. and without media whoring, you wont get far, although being a media whore doesnt get you it all either...ask slash or bas (and yes, they are media whores, like to hear it or not) :3

if axl started media whoring, cd could have been huge....could have if he sucked enough dick in the biz. then it would have been all over the place, shoved down everyones throat until they bought it, come hell or high water. he chose not to, except some small promos and without sucking the balls of the media pimps, he was out.

take scom, that song isnt that good. seriously, corny poprock. but because it was shoved down your throat 24/7 you got brainwashed by it and liked it, its sounds familiar to you, makes you remember some things that happened to you etc. so you think its amazing.

you think the music industry is about art, creativity or music? you really are that clueless and naive?

the biz is under such massive control, way more than 17 years ago. it is more of a brainwashing institute now than anything else. we (lets say, studio folk who record stuff), got even taught about the relationship between hypnotism and sounds to manipulate the listener and those things are all over hits.

ive been working in it for 7 years, done some work for known bands, and the 'bosses' who decide everything are the fakest, most pathetic, vilest creatures you will meet...no-talent fucks who got there because of their connections. and without whoring yourself out to these lowlife, dont expect hits.

so its easy sitting behind your pc tapping away about how axl should suck their dick and deal with them on a daily basis, give them more power over your art etc but you wouldnt do it too if you had some decency left in you.

Uhh we just said Axl should go do a few TV interviews, make a music video and do some shows.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
chicken_dinner wrote:

You're gonna need a different approach here and not post the automatic line fed in posts on mygnr and HTGTH to people who don't worship every decision Axl makes.

There aren't any "Slashites" here, and if you bothered to read any of the posts you respond to, you would know that.

axls doing it this way because hes had enough of it. he only wants to do promo if it is not media whoring. and without media whoring, you wont get far, although being a media whore doesnt get you it all either...ask slash or bas (and yes, they are media whores, like to hear it or not)

No, it isn't media whoring. Its how artists get their music heard by people. Its been done since music was created, and will continue until mankind is extinct. The only reason you label it media whoring is because you think Axl isn't doing it. If Axl shows up on The Tonight Show, SNL,etc., what was once "media whoring" becomes the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I remember when Slash was doing Guitar Hero. You(and others) were saying,"Axl will never put songs on that. I'm glad. He's not a media whore and will never prostitute new GNR for fortune and shame." Then when he put a new song on Rock Band, it was the greatest thing ever. Then when the full album went on there, even better. You are even seeking out the Rock Band files. You should stop, and when they do eventually surface, not listen to them. The fact they even exist on the format goes against the principles you spew in this thread.

Putting your music on what is basically the biggest video game on the planet is a classic case of "media whoring". Only reason he doesn't have to do an interview for it is because the game sells itself.

Axl on GTA= "media whoring"

Axl presenting an award at the 2006 MTV Video music awards= "media whoring"

Axl interview with Billboard= "media whoring"

Shackler's Revenge on Rock Band= "media whoring"

Chinese Democracy on Rock Band= "media whoring"

If the World on Body of Lies= "media whoring"

Its funny how you hate when one artist media whores, but love it when another does it.

CD wasn't going to be huge no matter what he did, and your stance on media whoring has been torn apart above.

14 Obviously spoken by someone not even around when GNR hit the scene, or you wouldn't have said such tripe. Most hardcore fans in their late 20s and up owned Appetite for Destruction before SCOM even became a single.

I know like other young fans who have a dislike of all things old, you thought the myth of the band being nothing before SCOM exploded was true. It isn't true, and that tripe doesn't fly here. Try a new approach, one that doesn't include revisionist history that exists in the imagination of nutswingers.

Let me give you a little history lesson not based in anti Slash fantasies since SCOM is one of the songs more attached to him.

Welcome to the Jungle single

Released: October 3rd, 1987

chart peak: #7 on the Billboard Top 100

video: In spite of the early morning airtime, the song's music video caught viewers' attention and quickly became MTV's most requested video.

The song also appeared in the Clint Eastwood movie The Dead Pool.

The Dead Pool was released July 13, 1988, five weeks before SCOM was released as a single.

Reality puts things in a different perspective, doesn't it?

Look in the mirror when typing that last sentence.

If this is the case, Chinese Democracy should have been a smashing success, and the two singles should have topped the charts.

Or does hypnotism also require "media whoring"?

You think about "media whoring" too much. Hopefully my rebuttal above sends you on the road to recovery.

Damn, I was hoping for the lines...

nobody owes you....not one goddamn thing

To hell with the pressure I'm not caving in

Its not a promise, lie, or guarantee

Why I would choose
To prostitute myself
To live with fortune and shame

I think you missed a few courses on your schedule....

hypocritical media whoring 101
Advanced revisionist history 102
Chinese Democracy lyrical studies for beginners

Its so funny how you think an artist thats proud of their work and wants it heard by people who love music means they have no decency.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

lol.

What a strange, long rambling post.  No one expected Axl to go on tv and do a massive media blitz.  All the fans wanted were some interviews that went into detail about what the songs were about, his feelings while recording this stuff and his general impressions about the album or whatever.  A music video where they could put up on youtube should have been released.  Speaking about the album you have just released isn't media whoring, all bands do that to either--entice old fans or to make new ones.  This stuff is standard operating procedure.  I have no idea why Axl didn't bother speaking about Chinese Democracy in those two interviews he did.  I'm not sure how not talking about your music makes you appreciate what Axl is doing.  I'll give them credit for actually streaming the album on myspace though.

As James alluded in a previous response--GNR sold out a long time ago in the early 90s anyway.  Regarding SCOM, the video for WTTJ was far more infleuntial in the rise of GNR than SCOM.  I remember seeing that interesting video (WTTJ) at night in spring 1988 and being facinated by it.  I still dig that part where Axl is being hooked up to those impulse electroudes and vibrating.  SCOM just built on the sucess of WTTJ and added the casual less hardcore fans.

My modest expectations are simple:  just update the fan base once every few months about what is going on and planned.  That is it.  I don't expect weekly or daily updates.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
chicken_dinner wrote:

You're gonna need a different approach here and not post the automatic line fed in posts on mygnr and HTGTH to people who don't worship every decision Axl makes.

There aren't any "Slashites" here, and if you bothered to read any of the posts you respond to, you would know that.

axls doing it this way because hes had enough of it. he only wants to do promo if it is not media whoring. and without media whoring, you wont get far, although being a media whore doesnt get you it all either...ask slash or bas (and yes, they are media whores, like to hear it or not)

No, it isn't media whoring. Its how artists get their music heard by people. Its been done since music was created, and will continue until mankind is extinct. The only reason you label it media whoring is because you think Axl isn't doing it. If Axl shows up on The Tonight Show, SNL,etc., what was once "media whoring" becomes the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I remember when Slash was doing Guitar Hero. You(and others) were saying,"Axl will never put songs on that. I'm glad. He's not a media whore and will never prostitute new GNR for fortune and shame." Then when he put a new song on Rock Band, it was the greatest thing ever. Then when the full album went on there, even better. You are even seeking out the Rock Band files. You should stop, and when they do eventually surface, not listen to them. The fact they even exist on the format goes against the principles you spew in this thread.

Putting your music on what is basically the biggest video game on the planet is a classic case of "media whoring". Only reason he doesn't have to do an interview for it is because the game sells itself.

Axl on GTA= "media whoring"

Axl presenting an award at the 2006 MTV Video music awards= "media whoring"

Axl interview with Billboard= "media whoring"

Shackler's Revenge on Rock Band= "media whoring"

Chinese Democracy on Rock Band= "media whoring"

If the World on Body of Lies= "media whoring"

Its funny how you hate when one artist media whores, but love it when another does it.

CD wasn't going to be huge no matter what he did, and your stance on media whoring has been torn apart above.

14 Obviously spoken by someone not even around when GNR hit the scene, or you wouldn't have said such tripe. Most hardcore fans in their late 20s and up owned Appetite for Destruction before SCOM even became a single.

I know like other young fans who have a dislike of all things old, you thought the myth of the band being nothing before SCOM exploded was true. It isn't true, and that tripe doesn't fly here. Try a new approach, one that doesn't include revisionist history that exists in the imagination of nutswingers.

Let me give you a little history lesson not based in anti Slash fantasies since SCOM is one of the songs more attached to him.

Welcome to the Jungle single

Released: October 3rd, 1987

chart peak: #7 on the Billboard Top 100

video: In spite of the early morning airtime, the song's music video caught viewers' attention and quickly became MTV's most requested video.

The song also appeared in the Clint Eastwood movie The Dead Pool.

The Dead Pool was released July 13, 1988, five weeks before SCOM was released as a single.

Reality puts things in a different perspective, doesn't it?

Look in the mirror when typing that last sentence.

If this is the case, Chinese Democracy should have been a smashing success, and the two singles should have topped the charts.

Or does hypnotism also require "media whoring"?

You think about "media whoring" too much. Hopefully my rebuttal above sends you on the road to recovery.

Damn, I was hoping for the lines...

nobody owes you....not one goddamn thing

To hell with the pressure I'm not caving in

Its not a promise, lie, or guarantee

Why I would choose
To prostitute myself
To live with fortune and shame

I think you missed a few courses on your schedule....

hypocritical media whoring 101
Advanced revisionist history 102
Chinese Democracy lyrical studies for beginners

Its so funny how you think an artist thats proud of their work and wants it heard by people who love music means they have no decency.

Owned 14

Im aint ever pissing off Mr Lofton, but seriously you justed ripped that post to shreds 16  I do agree with 100% of what you said though.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
chicken_dinner wrote:

you think the music industry is about art, creativity or music? you really are that clueless and naive? the biz is under such massive control, way more than 17 years ago. it is more of a brainwashing institute now than anything else.

There's an element of truth to that but that's actually an opportunity for someone like Axl to make massive waves.

If the industy can make the masses believe that talentless hacks are kickass, someone like Axl who has old-school real musical ability in his craft, could blow the talentless hacks out of the water.

Except for whatever reason Axl has chosen not to play along. So his amazing abilities are all but buried under piles of mainstream rubbish, and elapsed years.

chicken_dinner
 Rep: 19 

its always hilarious to see how people who have nothing to do with the music industry think they know it all....know much much more than the ones who have been heavily active in it for years and seen it all. cute :3

my post is all based on factual experience, yours were all clouded by your years of posting on internet forums about stuff you havent been in contact with and never will be but because others on those forums who are just like you, clueless about the biz, agreed with you, you think you know it :B

and it is also fact there is no point in arguing with those kind of people, because they are so obsessed about how everything is according to them on internet forums, every corny troll trick to respond will be pulled out of the hat (see james lotton ramblings filled with forum 'orly' rhetoric)...while it is all rubbish in the real world where people actually work in :B

must be nice, living in a dream, thinking these things gnr, or any other band achieved are real and the media pimps had nothing to do with it, hehe.

without the media pimps, hendrix would have been just a visitor at woodstock, nowhere near the stage. he sucked metaphorical dick too to get there. and because axl refuses to do it now, he was dropped. the music is way down the list of things to do before you can have a hit.

ive worked on albums with amazing music and amazing musicians on it, which beat every led zep, gnr, queen album. they will never be heard and u guys will think the ones being shoved down your throat by the industry only is the best :3

Board footer