You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: DJ Ashba Live Chat

James wrote:

I care nothing about Ashba, but fans should at least give him a chance. The guy hasn't even said one iota regarding the band. Let's at least wait until he says "no comment" to all GNR questions before scheduling the crucifixion. 14

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Well he said he was excited for the infamous upcoming tour, so he did say one thing about GNR.

I'd be very interested to see what he could come up with with Axl, hopefully we'll get to see the fruits of that labor someday.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
faldor wrote:

I'd be very interested to see what he could come up with with Axl, hopefully we'll get to see the fruits of that labor someday.

Me too...hope it happens some day.

In the meantime...i wouldn't expect him to divulge any state secrets as that's kinda Axl's call

I'd assume he'd do what bumbke does, be open to harmless questions about his own role, and what he does, but shutting down talk about the bands problems,  or any questions that set him up to reveal more info than the band is ready to announce (eg tour dates, album dates, new songs).

I'm sure he'll get bashed for whatever he says. Its somewhat unavoidable at this stage it seems. But I'll be glad if he just confirms he's still in the band as that would at least put some of the speculation to bed.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I'm awaiting what happens with interest, he may well suprise us all by being completely open and honest about what he knows about with regards to future plans. Like most people however I'm predicting non committed, vague answers and generally tip toeing around that ever so prickly subject of Guns N' Roses.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

He was just being positive. Nothing is happening, then or now.

Nothing HAPPENED, but by all accounts things were SUPPOSED to happen.

I don't think so. jmo

I think Axl told the truth to us back earlier in the year. They were reviewing offers. Nothing more. They brought in Ashba, so they were ready to go, if they did accept an offer, but it just never went beyond the 'discussion' phase.

Axl probably didn't see any he liked, and opted not to tour. My opinion has always been that promoters and the label have blacklisted HIS GN'R. They want THEIR GN'R back, and now they hold the cards, not Axl.

So it boils down to 'ole sittin' bull giving in.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

BBF got raped on that Eddie Trunk interview.

They were even having crankers calling in name dropping MyGNR.

I was practically waiting for Slash to call in and drop a Bababooey on them.

I was the one that called in and asked who would win in a fight between Fortus/Tobias.

I think it's pretty safe to say that my call was the most informative part of the interview.

AtariLegend wrote:

I hope this isn't another "bringbackadler" account.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I was more intrigued by the radio aspect.

Eddie Trunk has to single-handedly have either the worst call screeners in the history of radio, or he's a dumbass.

Those calls should've NEVER gotten past screeners, let alone made it to air.

emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I was more intrigued by the radio aspect.

Eddie Trunk has to single-handedly have either the worst call screeners in the history of radio, or he's a dumbass.

Those calls should've NEVER gotten past screeners, let alone made it to air.

Like its not easy to give a call screener a front and then when you make it on air, bait the host with a normal question, then follow up with a goofy one?

It's not rocket science, and its like terrorism, you can take all the precautions you want, but if someone wants to do it bad enough, it'll happen.

BBF wasn't gonna give any answers anyway. He's a nice guy, and only a few callers were outright rude, so might as well have some fun, right?

emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit wrote:

btw, I was "Youth" and "Emcitymisfit" on mygnr, not BBA. I got perma banned for criticizing Madison for arbitrarily shutting down topics in order to feel important.

That, and for criticizing the quashing leak/MSL talk at the request of Azoff for the promise of Axl/Band chats.

Axl didn't do it for love of his fans or message boards, he could give two shits about either of them, he did it because Azoff obligated him to in the wake of the last round of leaks.

Axl barely cares about our money, what makes us think he cares about our internet questions?

Board footer