You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: DJ Ashba Live Chat

James wrote:
mygnrsucks wrote:

btw, I was "Youth" and "Emcitymisfit" on mygnr, not BBA. I got perma banned for criticizing Madison for arbitrarily shutting down topics in order to feel important.

Don't remember emcitymisfit, but I do remember the Youth name.

Welcome to the forum. 5

Sky Dog wrote:

lol"Axl barely cares about our money, what makes us think he cares about our internet questions?"

VERY astute point. In the end, after all the cash he has made and will make without lifting a finger in the future, we need to face it, he doesn't give a fuck anymore. Honestly, I wouldn't either. I, just my opinion, think the majority of "Gnr" fans are morons....any intelligent person would. This board just happens to have the least amount.:lol:

But, don't let that rattle you, DJ Crue is gonna change everything on 7-15 with his online chat about...about.....about....his solo career. Can't wait!:nervous:

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
mygnrsucks wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I was more intrigued by the radio aspect.

Eddie Trunk has to single-handedly have either the worst call screeners in the history of radio, or he's a dumbass.

Those calls should've NEVER gotten past screeners, let alone made it to air.

Like its not easy to give a call screener a front and then when you make it on air, bait the host with a normal question, then follow up with a goofy one?

It's not rocket science, and its like terrorism, you can take all the precautions you want, but if someone wants to do it bad enough, it'll happen.

BBF wasn't gonna give any answers anyway. He's a nice guy, and only a few callers were outright rude, so might as well have some fun, right?

Yeah, but you can't fake 'interesting'.

No offense to you, but a good screener or host, can tell boring from a mile away. They should've listened and discovered from the get the calls they were getting were boring, and never put them on the air.

Trunk should've just then made up his own questions.

That's not rocket science either. It's Talk Radio 101.

mygnrsucks wrote:

Axl barely cares about our money, what makes us think he cares about our internet questions?

Damn fine point. Axl has NEVER cared about his fans - ever. If he did, he would've done EVERYTHING differently since 1993.

Axl might be a helluva guy to club with, but he's self-centered, it's so obvious at this point, I can't believe anyone denies anymore.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Eddie Trunk has to single-handedly have either the worst call screeners in the history of radio, or he's a dumbass.

Not sure if it works the same for his regular radio show but I heard Eddie say on his Sirius/XM show when Artie Lange was on that he has ONE girl on staff during his show, and I think she was an unpaid intern to boot.  So it probably isn't the hardest thing in the world to sneak something by her/whatever staff he may have had.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Boy that's tough. Most likely they split screening calls.

I still think as a professional, Trunk should've been able to tell the calls were boring and chronic.

Any caller that calls a radio more than once in a lifetime, is a chronic.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
mygnrsucks wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Like its not easy to give a call screener a front and then when you make it on air, bait the host with a normal question, then follow up with a goofy one?

It's not rocket science, and its like terrorism, you can take all the precautions you want, but if someone wants to do it bad enough, it'll happen.

BBF wasn't gonna give any answers anyway. He's a nice guy, and only a few callers were outright rude, so might as well have some fun, right?

Yeah, but you can't fake 'interesting'.

No offense to you, but a good screener or host, can tell boring from a mile away. They should've listened and discovered from the get the calls they were getting were boring, and never put them on the air.

Trunk should've just then made up his own questions.

That's not rocket science either. It's Talk Radio 101.

You've gotta work with what you've got. The format of the interview was taking calls, for whatever reason. IIRC, it was like Friday at 11 EST, so I don't think you're gonna get the best and brightest clogging up the lines, and I doubt Trunk's ratings are Limbaugh/Rome-esque to begin with.

Besides, wtf was Eddie gonna ask him? "Hey, talk about that CD you forgot to bring!"

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Eddie knows his shit, and Eddie is an expert on the situation with Guns N' Roses, as much as anyone in his line of work can be.

Eddie could've talked about alot of things, including CD's trx, what was Ron's favorite, what he wanted to perform live, talked about the 2006 visit from Axl and Ron was a secret then, and what he thought about that, what he thought about old Guns, was there any favorite tracks he had from the old band, what is it like being in a band like Guns N' Roses...

Mix that with old GN'R cuts, and maybe some Ron solo during the to and from breaks on his show, and you've pretty much got an interview, minus any phone calls. If all else fails, he can bullshit about Ron's current favorite music in his MP3 player and what he thinks of Buckethead, the person who's shoes he's filling.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Anyone think DJ is gonna have his ass handed to him tonight as far as GNR goes?  Poor guy.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I just want to once again kiss GN'REvo's ass.

This place has the most level-headed, normal, brain-functioning human beings in the entire fan base.

Russ & gnfnraxl are right. Bank it, tonight DJ's walking into a buzzsaw. Count on it.

Board footer