You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: i'm back

buzzsaw wrote:

Winner, winner...

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Isn't the whole point of this thread about hearing more music from the 1998-2004 line up?  I don't know what Slash and Izzy have to do with it, or wanting a reunion has to do with it. And I really don't understand the posts that start out with "I love CD and the new line up, but..." and then proceeds to talk about how they don't care about hearing any more of the new line ups material.

Don't get me wrong, I know people want the original line up back together, but does every thread HAVE to turn into that? No offense Monkey, but your post just seems like an open invitation into turning this thread into yet ANOTHER giant reunion vs new line up argument. Can we please not do that? sad

Hmmm...yeah i guess i didn't make my point very well sorry, not enough sleep. I didn't wannt derail this into another reunion thing, although re-reading what I wrote I can see it was kinda begging for that to happen.

I guess my perspective, and I think maybe i'm the only one with this slant, is that obviously I love the original line up, but I think the newest new line up (DJ, Bumble, Richard), is potentially the most intersting to me in a very long time.

But i read a lot of posts from people who are into the 2001 era (as opposed to the final 2006 CD line up) who constantly seem to bash Bumble's contributions...and generally seem to want a reunion of 2002. And my point was I just don't understand really where that comes from.

To me i felt the finished version of CD - with Bumble+Bucket+Robin was superior to the leaked versions. I'll grant maybe there was a smidge too much pitman on some of the tracks (like better) but overall while the delay shat me, i felt in the end axl was kinda vindicated that the new players did to me make the songs better with each draft.

So i guess i'm just saying i'd love the band to move forward, and Axl and the newest line up to finish off the implied 2nd part of chinese. (in the fullness of time, i reaslise it's a bit early just yet)...and just as you dont like nostalga for 1987, I don't really see benifit in nostalga for 2001, but If we have to be nostaligic...one of them makes more sence to me than the other. But you see what I really want to have happen is 2010 and loose all the nostalga.

However, all that said, I dont want to give the impression I dont care about hearing that 200x music. Belive me i do. I'd go mental for any new song with Axl in. With any line up. I really do enjoy them all. I don't think i've eaver heard a GNR song that i really thought sucked ever. One thing that Axl is to me is consistantly amazing. So I am somewhat hipocrytical i'll grant. I was talking more theoretically about reunions and stuff, not so much what i actually want to see happen. It's just GNR confuses me!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
killingvector wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Slash_McKagan wrote:

Axl shouldn't bother to release anymore albums if he's not gonna promote them

I don't see it that way. I would love a massive promo blitz just as much as the next person, mainly just to see him interact with fans on a large scale and to see him willing to stand behind his material and to promote the "new" era of GNR, but low key, under the radar releases are definitely viable, and can actually cause him to approach any new material differently. Obviously, following through with action is a requirement though.

For example, lets say the core 2001 unit wrote an album along the lines of an early Slayer record. That would be unconventional to say the least and go against the grain of GNR. An album in that vein would probably go over better flying in under the radar than Axl pulling a Bono and hitting the world over the head with it.

I would like to at least have the man stand behind the music. Where has the man been? He has come out of hiding several times to complain about how the release did not go as expected, hinted at a better effort, then disappeared again.

He could at least go on a small club tour to promote this album, talk to a few reliable rock journalists, opt out of Universal, and create a better fan to fan interface.

He may not care about the business side of things, but he also doesn't care about the fan-artist side either. It is bitterly apparent that he paid off his debt and now his career is in a bit of stasis; past success has certainly faded and a new career as a middle of the road former icon awaits. How does he react? If he is smart, he slims the process down, becomes tech savvy (a la Trent), and brings music to the fans directly.

Agreed on all points, and its good to see you back. 9

Does make you wonder exactly how many albums he has left on the Uni deal. If its one or two, maybe he should throw together a hits package(bad idea though), another Live Era, and maybe a rerelease(would this count?) and then he is free to do exactly what he wants.

Even if he doesn't want to do a massive promo campaign, a release like Trent did with The Slip would be a killer way to unveil new material. Love or hate that record, it was announced on every major media outlet(including CNN, MSNBC) and millions downloaded it. Going in that direction would help rebuild the bridge between Axl and the fans.

theL
 Rep: 0 

theL wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

blablabla wankwankwank.

since dumbasses need a reply and democracy demands freedom of speech without censoring and 'banning'....beware for long post feggits, i has a few hours off being borededed :B

1. imsorrys 'contributions' are direct copies from me, dumbass. they are my cleanups, remixes, remasters. proves how much u know about anything, lulz. he visits the same scene private forums i do and he just copies everyones mixes, including non-gnr stuff of others (that site is about all bands), labels them differently so it cant get tracked to the source and posts them like it is his so dumbasses like you suck his cawk for pretending he did it all :B

2. you are a slashbot and slash is a mediawhore, everyone knows, why get emotional mentioning facts? anything positive said about axl is a sin on this site and must be dealt with like hitler dealt with jooz. you are the slash jarmo/ who is trying really hard to hide eeeet.

3. msl is playing a game so he can promote himself, he has all the multitracks of the album, not just 1 song and 'waiting for the other songs to be delivered so i cant post now' BS. no, he got the entire thing from a harmonix employee who wants msl to trade for stuff....felixed exactly the same deal, get it now dumbass?..  nothing is cracked, it was illegaly shared by an employee who had access. msl said himself on other forums after he got his ass ripped off for hoarding and promoting himself with it so he now tries on this slashbot site which is filled with morons obviously who actually lick his hairy anus for hoarding.

hoarding to the max to get stuff and and lying about what he got to promote himself with it is basically ok here. while mentioning someone is hoarding is a bannable criminal nazi offense, lulz. the drama yikes

i have 3 of them now too because the harmonix fegit shared with more traders and im in contact with one of them. i was gonna post the 3 today on this slash fangirl site after waiting for msl reply but awwww, banned by the slashbot no1, i care so much. dumbass jumped the gun :B

the gnr community is now left with a small group of low iq fanatics who actually defend the ones who play with them. and they seem to run the gnr sites :B i wont share for a while with the gnr community cos the community is not worth eet at the moment. next week i was gonna post a torrent to a video of a certain rehearsal even though it was gonna give me lots of sheet...was :3

4. did i mention u are the dumbass :B  totally dellusional about how the real world works concerning the biz. tapping away on internet while you know jacksheet.

5. only cowards ban people who disagree, feels like communist china, read the lyrics to the song... oh no wait you get mental when people tell u to read axl lyrics. lulz.

6. ???????????????????????

7. profit.

baibai, take off your tophat when u sleep though, it ruins your mullet which seems to kill your braincells :3

the L

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

You were banned because you're a complete idiot, and the above post is a great example. You simply spew the same garbage while still not having anything resembling a clue regarding what you are saying.

" i wont share for a while with the gnr community cos the community is not worth eet at the moment. next week i was gonna post a torrent to a video of a certain rehearsal even though it was gonna give me lots of sheet...was :3"

"i was gonna post the 3 today on this slash fangirl site after waiting for msl reply but awwww, banned by the slashbot no1, i care so much. dumbass jumped the gun"

spoken like someone who has NOTHING.

*flush*

slashroxmysox
 Rep: 0 

James Lofton wrote:

i has no power over internets yikes

do u even read your own posts with bs about stuff u know nothing about?

i just stated facts, msl or imsorry cant deny. and the gnr community consists of low iq fegits like you, a fact proven by scientists in white coats :3

afraid im gonna respond so you keep banning? lulz.

are u one of them chinamen communists?

meh, enuff playing wif u, raep is only fun when you has a challenge..and u aint delivering any ;/

theL

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
slashroxmysox wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

i just stated facts, msl or imsorry cant deny. and the gnr community consists of low iq fegits like you, a fact proven by scientists in white coats :3

meh, enuff playing wif u, raep is only fun when you has a challenge..and u aint delivering any ;/

theL

Where's the proof to back up your "facts"

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
slashroxmysox wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

theL

Out of curiosity, how old are you?

nothing new in the gnr world today. wwe was in town for raw. had some of the guys over to play donkey kong & listen to the von bondies. was good catching up with some old friends. hope to have some gnr news soon. that hater guy has no idea what he's talking about. gnr legal is on my ass. there will not be some giant announcement. things will have to trickle out in phases. there will not be a bang but everyone will know what's up. falling asleep as i type this. 8:17am. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. you can only check your email every 90 seconds for so many hours before you get a bit tuckered out. love you all. good night.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't know who knows what or who has what, and to some extent, I don't care.  What I do know is that almost everybody in this thread is handling themselves with class and dignity except for 1 person and a couple aliases of that person.  With that being the only real facts along with the knowledge that msl has delivered in the past and the other person hasn't, I choose to give msl the benefit of the doubt and ignore everything the other person has to say.

Board footer