You are not logged in. Please register or login.

drborken
 Rep: 6 

Re: i'm back

drborken wrote:

I like the song, the lyrics remind me of M. Shadows from Avenged Sevenfold. Not like the style, but the actual words themselves, I could imagine A7X doing that song in a different style. It has a lot of potential, but it really sounds like a demo in that version, you can tell it was recorded cheaply. I would be very interested to hear a redone version when you've got more time/money/both, I think it could be cool. If there are any more songs, I would be interested to hear them as well to see what other things you can do, see if I prefer anything else.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
chicken_dinner wrote:

its ironic how you call the others hoarders after you claimed you have the multitracks, but first want us to listen to your rather lame song with equally lame talent and tickle your balls until you maybe throw us a bone after you have enough hits on your site?

is it nice? getting a fake form of recognition?

post them or gtfo :B

Unlike the trillions of bullshitters who pop up on these sites year after year, when this guy starts talking, entire mountain ranges start moving.

If MSL never signed up to a forum, you wouldn't have heard any new music during the last two years of the wait.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
chicken_dinner wrote:

its ironic how you call the others hoarders after you claimed you have the multitracks, but first want us to listen to your rather lame song with equally lame talent and tickle your balls until you maybe throw us a bone after you have enough hits on your site?

is it nice? getting a fake form of recognition?

post them or gtfo :B

Unlike the trillions of bullshitters who pop up on these sites year after year, when this guy starts talking, entire mountain ranges start moving.

If MSL never signed up to a forum, you wouldn't have heard any new music during the last two years of the wait.

That's not entirely true, gotta remember Skwerl.

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:

hang on a min, have i got this right?
msl has the rb2 multitracks, & he is using those to uncover more songs?

f'hell, i hope so.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Who said I forgot him? The topic isn't about Skwerl. We're discussing MSL's contributions to the CD fiasco, which happened in 2007 and 2008. I didn't mention darknemus either, but that doesn't mean I forgot him.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Hard to believe multi-tracks could be worth another unheard song to anyone.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Who said I forgot him? The topic isn't about Skwerl. We're discussing MSL's contributions to the CD fiasco, which happened in 2007 and 2008. I didn't mention darknemus either, but that doesn't mean I forgot him.

I was more referring to your statement about we wouldn't have heard any new music because that's not entirely true because in 2008 leaks not only came from MSL that's all. That said when it comes to getting new tracks, MSL is probably the best.

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

Oh man, it's so great to hear from you again MSL. We definitely miss you. You actually are a huge part of the post-1993 GN'R world, and I even helped you on 5/5/07. What an awesome, awesome day.

At this point, everyone wants the masters, if I really wanted to get them I would. I leaked the This I Love backing instruments only track and could've done more, but I hate Audacity.

Anyhow, I'm gonna take a good look around 'the big 4' and some of the lesser known communities that are still alive, and see what I can conjure up.

Good to see you again though.

i will address a few different things in one post if that's alright. i spent all day at an arcade, so it's taken a while to catch up on txts/emails/PMs/etc.

to the haters - stop assuming you know so much. the timing of all of this is quite funny and i didn't hesitate to point it out. as i logged on to the message board on www.songsbymister.com to post my new song, i noticed i had an unusual amount of new PMs. when they turned out to be GNR related, i was *stunned* as GNR had not been a part of my life in quite some time. i own several businesses and devote a lot of time to my artistic endeavours, so it's not like spending 24/7 on GNR stuff is something i do for the fuck of it, but when the time comes, i'm always game.

getting these files is a SLOW process. we're talking LOTS OF PARTS of LOTS OF SONGS. i didn't even know at first if what i had is legit as i barely know how to burn a CD, let alone how to open .oggs and .moggs. hell, i had trouble figuring out what the fuck to do with a .rar file.

don't forget, i am NOT mr. piracy. someone who knew of me from non-music related publicity stunts asked me to get involved in all this non-sense years ago and put me in touch with nemus hoping i would help secure catcher in the rye.

which i did.

my forte is not technical stuff, my forte is creating controversy. that is what i do. i wouldn't know how to crack an encrypted file if my life depended on it.

someone is really putting their neck on the line and risking their job to get me these files so plz chill the fuck out.

to those that say i'll never get demos for them, i already heard something tonight that was fairly different from what appears on the album and we're only one day in. this could take months.

MONTHS!

months of 12-15 hour days solely dedicated to GNR non-sense.

so plz, to the haters, calm down.

to everyone else . . .

thanks for the kind words, both in reference to my new song as well as my past efforts in the GNR realm. i spent the last two years developing a new band with the girlfriend of a close friend that passed away and that band breaking up was VERY hard on me. i've decided to go it alone and will start recording more music, which will all be posted on www.songsbymister.com for those that are interested.

if my songs are not your cup of tea, that's cool. honestly. i love the feedback both good and bad.

for those that think this was a publicity stunt. in a way, yes. but please have a sense of humor. i personally thought it was hilarious to find myself wrapped up in GNR stuff again right as i was finally unveiling some new material of my own.

EVERYTHING i do is with a wink and a nudge. so please enjoy the ride.

if i leak every multitrack tomorrow, then what? come on guys, give me some time to do what i do. could take a month anyhow to get all the multitracks, but my guy is 100% legit and on the inside and ill make sure to post more evidence as it comes in.

plz continue to spread the word about my antics as i need to get in touch with some hoarders. i have more to trade than just the multitracks now and it's ONLY DAY ONE!

day one would be lots of fun if i didn't always know what would come next . . .

http://www.mistersaintlaurent.com/dayone.mp3

JIP
 Rep: 10 

JIP wrote:

Nice you're back MSL...i can only make positive thoughts about it...

Board footer