You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: So where does GN'R stand right now and what is the current news?

faldor wrote:

No, he didn't say that.  Let's review. 

Baz was going around and saying over and over that Axl had 3 or 4 albums worth of material ready for release.  Thus building up peoples expectations.  Axl simply told Baz to cool it with that talk and that he was focusing on releasing the ONE album.  He never came out and said that Baz was lying and they only had the one album.  Again, as recently as December he said he thought of CD as a double album.

Let's not start creating lies that Axl told.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

Who's in the band?

I think we'll go with a combo of who's around and who's on the album for now and worry about that when we get ready to tour.

Is Robin [Finck] in the band?

Last I was aware, he had some interest in touring, though I can't say what that means until then. In our opinion, he's made things a bit awkward publicly, but that's just his way.

Is Brain in the band?

Last I checked. Brain works on several things with Guns either from his home or in the studio.

So you have two drummers? Will they both tour?

Yes, and who knows?

When's the next album?

Have no idea and don't care. Hopefully, we'll be working 'Chinese' for a good bit. Of course there's the same idiots that have been around forever already demanding release dates.

How much material is there?

Not as much as Baz [Sebastian Bach] thinks he heard! Really, it doesn't matter. If things go well enough, we'd like to get another out at some point in our lifetimes.

Is anything finished?

Depends how you look at it.

How do you look at it?

Not something we've focused on.

You're not saying much.

You got that? What I can say is if you don't like this, then you probably won't like that. Same people, lots more approaches, bit meaner in places and darker in some. Robin does a really great Stevie Ray Vaughan-type solo on one track.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Axl Rose = Bill Bellicheck

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

gnr has an upper body injury....the tour status is a "tour time decision"

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:

No, he didn't say that.  Let's review. 

Baz was going around and saying over and over that Axl had 3 or 4 albums worth of material ready for release.  Thus building up peoples expectations.  Axl simply told Baz to cool it with that talk and that he was focusing on releasing the ONE album.  He never came out and said that Baz was lying and they only had the one album.  Again, as recently as December he said he thought of CD as a double album.

Let's not start creating lies that Axl told.

Dude, either you have a short term memory or you are very very young.

I've been around for the better part of the last decade. The 3-4 albums rumor existed WAY WAY WAY before Baz ever even existed in the discussion.

I'll find you the quote, Axl DID say it, and I suggest you do a little research, before you start suggesting i'm making up lies that Axl said. roll

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Here it is...

Loder: How much stuff have you got for this new album? You've been working on this for a long time. Is there just tons of material?

Rose: We've been working on, I don't know, 70 songs.

Loder: Oh!

Rose: The record will be about, anywhere from 16 to 18 songs, but we recorded at least two albums' worth of material that is solidly recorded. But we are working on a lot more songs than that at the same time... in that way, what we're doing is exploring so, you know, you get a good idea, you save it, and then maybe you come back to it later, or maybe you get a good idea and you go, "That's really cool, but that's not what we're looking for. Okay, let's try something new." You know, basically taking the advance money for the record and actually spending it on the record.

From MTV, Nov. 1999

70 songs = four and a half, nearly five albums worth of material

Two albums SOLIDLY recorded, and we're working on MORE.

W. Axl Rose started it - a decade ago.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

16-18 was the least he should of released after so long.....be it a tight squeeze.
the C.D long winded intro could go to make room for a start.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Here it is...

Loder: How much stuff have you got for this new album? You've been working on this for a long time. Is there just tons of material?

Rose: We've been working on, I don't know, 70 songs.

Loder: Oh!

Rose: The record will be about, anywhere from 16 to 18 songs, but we recorded at least two albums' worth of material that is solidly recorded. But we are working on a lot more songs than that at the same time... in that way, what we're doing is exploring so, you know, you get a good idea, you save it, and then maybe you come back to it later, or maybe you get a good idea and you go, "That's really cool, but that's not what we're looking for. Okay, let's try something new." You know, basically taking the advance money for the record and actually spending it on the record.

From MTV, Nov. 1999

70 songs = four and a half, nearly five albums worth of material

Two albums SOLIDLY recorded, and we're working on MORE.

W. Axl Rose started it - a decade ago.

He also mentioned releasing a trilogy onstage during the 2002 tour.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

so what does everyone think happened to the trilogy.

If he was thinking about it back then and after the wait turned into over a decade a trilogy in '08 would have made even more sense.

did the awesome deal they got with best buy change things?

perhaps we are going to get an album/tour, album/tour..... sorta thing as axl more recently indicated.

Board footer