You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Talking Metal interviews FRANK FERRER

Neemo wrote:

GUNS N' ROSES: New Audio Interview With FRANK FERRER Posted Online - Aug. 4, 2009 

The latest episode of "Talking Metal" features interview host John Ostronomy conducted with drummer Frank Ferrer of GUNS N' ROSES.

The podcast can be downloaded at this location.

Ferrer, 43, became an official member of the GUNS N' ROSES in October 2006 after filling in for Bryan "Brian" Mantia on several occasions during the group's summer 2006 European tour. Ferrer is also a member of THE PSYCHEDELIC FURS, as well as, a former member of LOVE SPIT LOVE. He has recorded and worked with several other high-profile musicians, including THE BEAUTIFUL, ROBI DRACO ROSA, and SARAH CLIFFORD.

www.blabbermouth.net

if anyone listens could you post a synopsis of the interview? thanks

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Host got a text that morning saying Frank was going to be onstage with Tool (must have been the same day that the other thread youtube link). Mentioned Frank was on a Talking Metal Jam band. Franks Dad took him to see KISS at MSG when he was a kid in 1977. Franks parents are Cuban. Ace is Franks favorite member. Frank admits to being a "closet lead guitar player" lol.

Asks about him, Franks says Guns got together earlier this year, rehearsed with DJ Ashba, and then took a break. He's now playing with various local bands. He plays in a band called Pisser, with Ace's bassist.

That what is, really short. Frank seems like a very nice guy though. Along the lines of BBF.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Franks seems really cool and has a lively stage presence, I was well impressed with him when I seen them. But he finds himself in a bit of a similar position to Ron and DJ, by being a replacement of a band member who is pretty popular amonst new GNR fans. Usually the drummer is not that big a deal, but Brains a wizard on the skins, and as much as I like Frank I do hope Brain comes back for the next tour.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Frank... another good guy that got stuck with Axl. hmm

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

They took a break? Wonder if it was "Hmmm...this doesn't seem to be happening...let's take a break" or "Good job guys...now as planned...let's go on holiday!"

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I haven't listened to it yet, but I heard someone say the break was for "family reasons".  Kind of vague.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Hmm. I didn't even listen to it to be honest. Certaintly would be interesting if Frank said that, and there was any truth to Axl being back in Indiana.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

elephant_in_living_room1.jpg

There's a rumor that an elephant is in that picture.

I don't see it.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

http://garyhaq.files.wordpress.com/2009 … _room1.jpg

There's a rumor that an elephant is in that picture.

I don't see it.

An elephant where?  As a matter of fact where's the room?

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I didn't bother listening either. It's just the same crap. Being asked about anything BUT what I want to hear about. Chinese Democracy, the making of.

Board footer