You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The NINE INCH NAILS Thread

Sky Dog wrote:

The thing is that  Finck could have been working with Trent since the end of the last Gnr tour in July 07. The recording for Gnr's album was officially done in March 07. I wonder if Robin was the one who put Trent up to the Gnr jokes on the nin website?:ummm:

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

New NIN song has hit the radio!! It hasn't been leaked in studio quality or been released anywhere for consumers to get, but here's a radio rip of it that's the full song and pretty good.

http://rapidshare.com/files/109615296/d … e_full.mp3

Discipline is the name. I like it. Very poppy. Like Only in many ways (my fav. NIN tune) but a little softer and dancier even.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

CC, I posted your link up in the Robin/GN'R thread. I hope you don't mind. I credited you. Thanks.

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

I like NIN alot but this song sounds alot like all of the songs from With Teeth all rolled into one.

Communist China

A post from Trent on the ETS forum.

You guys...
I've skimmed around a bit here seeing what the mob has to say. I'm posting here because I don't want this to be "official".
Interesting reading comparisons to WT and PHM. The truth is, this track just came out "as is". I am obviously aware of how "poppy" it is and that should be taken as no indication of what other music I may or may not be working on might sound like. It's almost summer, it felt right, it was refreshing after GHOSTS, I went with it.
Freedom from the infrastructure of record labels means immediate turn-around time from me to you, if that's the plan. It's exciting to be able to do that and it's affecting my method of working at the moment. I suspect soon I will purposely take more time away and work differently - perhaps more calculated and deliberate. For now, this method is stimulating to me and is yielding results I'm pleased with.
What in the hell am I saying? Take your fucking shirts off and dance!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I understand that Trent is pretty much NIN, but all this "I" stuff is a bit annoying.

Communist China

Yeah that can happen. It gets confusing with the NIN title, sometimes you wonder why he chose a band name when he's the only member... could've just be Trent Reznor. The I's made me think that Robin had no part in this song. The NIN forums don't even seem to consider the possibility of Robin being on it. I don't think I saw one person ask if he was, with about 50 pages of posts on this track.

One of Trent's few remaining flaws is his refusal to thank others for their contributions. Guys like Vrenna, Lohner, Clouser, nowadays Cortini and Atticus obviously are a major part of the creative process and he still generally ignores him.

Still, if you let the music do the talking, this is a great song and that's that.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

On their facebook, NIN have robin post on it

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Just downloaded With Teeth. Looking forward to listening to this album

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Just downloaded With Teeth. Looking forward to listening to this album

If you like discipline, you will like With Teeth.

I like With Teeth, it's just goes into a different direction than the rest of the NIN catalog.

Board footer